Ten Top Tens After Week Five Of College Football
Top Ten Teams
1. Florida-The defending champs enjoy their final week as number one.
2. Alabama-The next number one.
3. Texas-Could be number one.
4. LSU-Going to beat number one.
5. Boise-Would be number one if they played in a better conference.
6. TCU-Their defense is number one.
7. Cincinnati-Would be an unlikely number one.
8. Iowa-If they remain undefeated they will be number one.
9. Auburn-Five games in and five wins.
10. South Florida-Stronger at QB than they were?
Top Ten Games of Week Five
1. LSU 20, Georgia 13 - Football the way it was supposed to be played
2. Michigan State 26, Michigan 20-This game had it all.
3. Miami 21, Oklahoma 20- U gotta believe.
4. Notre Dame 37, Washington 30- Another nail biter for the Irish.
5. Navy 16, Air Force 13- Had a feeling about this one.
6. Northwestern 27, Purdue 21-Nice comeback.
7. Toledo 37, Ball State 30-It aint over til it's over.
8. Iowa 24, Arkansas State 21-Can anyone figure out Iowa?
9. Wisconsin 31, Minnesota 28- Nice Axe.
10. Kansas State 24, Iowa State 23 -Blocked extra point.
Ten Head Scratchers
1. Virginia 16, North Carolina 3- Huh?
2. UTEP 58, Houston 41- Didn't see this coming.
3. Maryland 24, Clemson 21-A big surprise.
4. UAB 30, Southern Miss 17-Avenging the 56 point loss a year ago.
5. Wyoming 30, FAU 28 -The Cowboys are 3-2.
6. Iowa 24, Arkansas State 21-How is this so close?
7. Virginia Tech 34, Duke 26-This game was even closer than the score.
8. Tulane 17, Army 16-Can't figure either of these teams out.
9. Kansas State 24, Iowa State 23- How do you miss an extra point?
10. Michigan State 26, Michigan 20-Not the game but the fake punt.
Ten Teams With A Loss That Could Be In If There Were Playoffs.
1. Ohio State-Playing as well as anyone.
2. USC-Still just a ton of talent.
3. Virginia Tech-Good coaching still goes a long way.
4. Miami-Could be the team to beat next year.
5. Penn State-Always a factor.
6. Notre Dame-The TV networks choice.
7. Stanford-A very good team.
8. Oregon-Just look like a different team than the one that lost.
9. Nebraska-Clawing their way back into it.
10. Ole Miss-Will have their chances to play into it.
Ten Things To Talk About This Week
1. Tim Tebow's health- When is a game just a game?
2. No Olympics in Chicago-YIPPEE!!!!!! We don't have to pay for it.
3. Celebration Rules- These are getting silly.
4. Baseball Playoffs-Why not?
5. The Weather-Getting a little chilly.
6. The Perfect Brownie-Still hunting for an imperfect Brownie.
7. Breast Cancer Awareness-I think the NFL has got this right.
8. Who is the worst coach-One vote here for Ron Zook.
9. Who is the best coach-One vote here for Frank Beamer.
10. What do we do about Boise?-Maybe this is what it will take to get a playoff.
Ten Guys Who Earned It This Week
1. Kirk Cousins-Took a physical beating.
2. Jacory Harris-In one week, out the next, and in the next after that.
3. Charles Scott-Powerful running.
4. Taylor Mays-One of the best overall.
5. Jimmy Clausen-Has even the haters taking notice.
6. Toby Gerhart-Will be a household name shortly.
7. John Clay-32 carries, three touchdowns.
8. Javarris James-Sliced up the Oklahoma defense.
9. Golden Tate-Absolutely off the chart.
10. Noel Devine-Faster than a speeding bullet.
Ten Best Spots On The Web
1. The Sports Chat Place-What did you expect me to say?
2. Bleacher Report-What did we do before?
3. First and Big Ten-Got to support the fellow Bleacher Creatures.
4. Google-What's not to like?
5. Scout.com-These guys have gotten huge
6. CBS Sports-They have been good to us.
7. Fox Sports-They have been good to us as well.
8. Matt Sarz-An absolute must every Saturday for a college football fan.
9. Yaro Starak-A shameless plug for my friend and Blogging mentor.
10. Blog Talk Radio-My show is Picks and Parlays, Tuesday night at 7 PM EST.
Ten Documented Preseason Predictions I Made
1. The ACC will finish with two teams in the top 10-Still a good chance.
2. Duke, Baylor, and Washington will all go to a bowl game- Two out of three?
3. Michigan will beat Ohio State-Going to have to play well but they have a chance.
4. Florida State would be the first ranked team to fall to an unranked team- Nailed it.
5. LSU at Alabama on November 7th will be the biggest game of the year-Very well could be.
6. Bryce Beall would lead the nation in rushing-Probably not.
7. Mike Stoops would be gone by the end of the season-Maybe, maybe not.
8. USC would win the Pac-10 again-Looks like a showdown with the Ducks.
9. Florida wouldn't repeat as National Champions-Who knows?
10. Stanford would be last in the Pac-10-Not even close.
Ten Things That Reminded Me Why I Love College Football
1. A classic played "Between the Hedges"-College Football at its finest.
2. Paul Bunyon's Axe-How cool is that?
3. The Paul Bunyon Trophy-So what if it looks like a garden gnome.
4. Joe Pa-I hope he never retires.
5. Notre Dame fight song-Couldn't tell you one word of it but it's a great one.
6. Rocky Top-Like it or not it's a big part of the game.
7. The playoff atmosphere-Every game is a playoff.
8. The Commander in Chief Trophy -The older I get the more I appreciate it.
9. Effort-You see it from every player every play.
10. Miami's entrance-Still one of the best in the game.
Top Ten Games For Next Week
1. Florida at LSU-We've been waiting for this one.
2. Alabama at Ole Miss-Should be a monster.
3. Wisconsin at Ohio State-This goes a long way for both teams.
4. Nebraska at Missouri-How about two ranked teams on a Thursday?
5. Michigan at Iowa-Would have never thought a month ago this would be big.
6. Georgia at Tennessee-The college football lovers special.
7. Oregon at UCLA-This is getting interesting.
8. Stanford at Oregon State-Two solid teams and two super running backs.
9. TCU at Air Force-Could be a good one in the Mountain West.
10. Boston College at Virginia Tech-Seems to be the ACC Title Game every year.
Visit Mitch anytime at The Sports Chat Place
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?