Game#162: Yankees at Rays. The Final Countdown…
RHP A.J. Burnett (12-9, 4.10) vs RHP Wade Davis (2-1, 3.45)
Game News & Notes
- Burnett will again be looking for his 100th career victory, this time against a team he has already beaten three times this season.
- Take away an eight-run outing against the Red Sox on Sept. 12, and Davis’ ERA would be 1.25. This will be his first game against the Yankees.
- Girardi said that the Yankees will field their “A” lineup on Sunday, with the exception of Jose Molina catching Burnett instead of Jorge Posada.
- Posada will be busy, occupying the role of the Yankees’ player-manager in an old honor Joe Torre used to pass out for game No. 162.
- Right-hander Sergio Mitre is dealing with a bout of biceps tendinitis, which could keep him off the ALDS roster. Mitre is 3-3 with a 6.79 ERA in 12 games (nine starts) in 2009.
- The Yankees have lost three successive games for the first time since July 30-Aug. 1 at Chicago.
- Andy Pettitte made his 384th appearance as a Yankee on Saturday, passing Johnny Murphy (383) for eighth place in franchise history.
- Mark Teixeira has an AL-leading 122 RBIs, surpassing his 2008 total of 121 with the Angels and Braves.
The game is taking place at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. The gamestarted at 1:38PM ET. The game is being televised on the YES Network. The game can also be heard on the radio on WCBS 880. Enjoy the rest of the game. Go Yankees!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?