South Carolina vs. South Carolina State: 17 Gameday Predictions
As the Gamecocks get ready to host South Carolina State, here are 17 things to look for from the home team:
1) A special teams touchdown
The Gamecocks are primed for a big play from the special teams unit. While a punt return or punt block is most likely since the Bulldogs should be forced to punt often, I like Bryce Sherman’s chances to take one to the house on a kickoff.
For those who watched Sherman return the opening kick against Ole Miss last week, you saw how fast he reached the 50. Sure, the play was returned due to a hold, but the kid showed his ridiculous speed. If only he could catch the ball...
2) A fumbled kickoff return
Sherman came very close to bouncing one off his facemask last game. Couple that with the excitement of breaking a long one, and it wouldn’t be shocking if the kid’s feet got going before his hands did the proper work.
3) The running game will produce a play of 50 yards or longer
Brian Maddox still has yet to find open space, instead running for the tough yards. I think he’ll break loose in this game. Meanwhile, Jarvis Giles and Kenny Miles are ready to roll.
4) Backup quarterback Reid McCollum will look great and awful in the same series
No surprise here since the kid will be getting his first significant action of the season. Fun trivia fact: McCollum was AJ Green’s high school quarterback.
5) Eric Norwood will record at least one sack
6) Akeem Auguste will nab an interception
Auguste has been awfully close too many times this season; a gamble finally pays off
7) Offensive line coach Eric Wolford will yell at someone and make a mean face
Like clockwork, droogs.
8) Despite superior talent, the Gamecocks will allow South Carolina State to stay in the game far too long
This one has haunted South Carolina teams like no other. Look no further than two weeks ago, when the Gamecocks held a one-point advantage over FAU at the half before finally pulling away.
Close wins over Wofford and UCF, among others, also come to mind.
9) No major injuries will be sustained
Maybe this is simply wishful thinking, but South Carolina can’t afford any more significant injuries to key players—depth is an issue already
10) The Head Ball Coach will yank off his visor and pull it back on his head, tugging it down too far so he has to put it back on again
As a promise to his wife, Spurrier doesn’t chuck the visor anymore. His pained facial expressions make up for it, however.
11) At halftime, Spurrier will insist that the coaches need to "coach them up better"
This is Spurrier’s version of "take one play at a time" or "set the tone to start the second half."
12) Stephen Garcia will throw an awful interception
I think the kid will have an overall great game, but his gameday mentality still isn’t where it should be, and sometimes his gunslinger instincts take over.
13) Tori Gurley will have the biggest feet on the field
Seriously, somebody measure this kid’s feet. They are massive. We need some sort of ESPN special on this. I am not kidding.
14) Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery will prove why he was so highly recruited
Alshon to get his first career touchdown in spectacular fashion.
15) Either Darian Stewart or Shaq Wilson will drop a sure-fire interception
These jokers have oven mitts on their hands at all times.
16) Stephon Gilmore will not play quarterback in the Wildcat formation
Despite promises to give the offense his explosiveness, Gilmore appears to be staying put on the defensive side of the ball.
17) Weslye Saunders will drag four defenders en route to yet another 20-yard completion
Saunders might be the most difficult man to tackle in all of college football.
And that’ll do it.
Game Prediction: Gamecocks, 38-10
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?