NCAA Week 5 Top 25: Gators Maintain, Gamecocks Crash Party
The NCAA season is heating up and another round of upsets last week has brought some new faces to the Top 25 poll.
1. Florida (Last Week: 1) Next Game: Idle
Gator fans are holding their breath, waiting to see if quarterback Tim Tebow will recover from his concussion and be back in time to face LSU in two weeks.
2. Texas (Last Week: 2) Next Game: Idle
Texas has been quietly lurking, waiting for their shot to overthrow the current kings of college football in Gainesville.
3. Alabama (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 10/3 at Kentucky
Alabama jumps up to No. 3, setting the stage for a huge SEC Championship game against UF later in the season, if they don’t slip up first.
4. LSU (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 10/3 at No. 19 Georgia
A big matchup, and again, LSU can’t afford to look ahead to Florida. They need to focus on the Bulldogs or they'll get bit.
5. USC (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 10/3 vs. California
After their loss to Washington, USC is in a Pac-10 hole that they can't afford to let get any deeper.
6. Ohio State (Last Week: 8) Next Game: 10/3 at Indiana
Quick shout-out to my brother Adam, who runs a sports bar at a Hilton in Bloomington. He’ll have plenty of drinks to pour for Hoosier fans after Ohio State is done with them.
7. TCU (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 10/3 vs. Southern Methodist
Is TCU for real? They’re, once again, benefiting from others losses and holding tightly to a BCS-Buster opportunity.
8. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 10/3 at Duke
The Hokies took down Miami handily last week, showing they are the clear front-runners for the ACC Title Game.
9. Oklahoma (Last Week: 11) Next Game: 10/3 at No. 17 Miami
QB Sam Bradford is trying to make his return for this game, but how well will he play?
10. Boise State (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 10/3 vs. UC Davis
The Broncos slid right up into the Top 10, giving two non-AQ schools a real shot at grabbing a BCS Bowl berth.
11. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 15) Next Game: 10/3 at Mississippi State
Tech bounced back against UNC, but still is on the outside looking in for the ACC title right now.
12. Houston (Last Week: Not Ranked) Next Game: 10/3 at UTEP
Houston was omitted from last week’s polls, but has shown the desire to be ranked in the Top 25.
13. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 16) Next Game: Idle
The Cowboys move up thanks to losers in the polls.
14. Penn State (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 10/3 at Illinois
For the second straight season, Iowa is the kryptonite in the National Championship plans for Penn State.
15. Ole Miss (Last Week: 3) Next Game: 10/3 at Vanderbilt
Thursday night upset special? Much like last season, a highly ranked team falls victim on a Thursday night.
16. Kansas (Last Week: 17) Next Game: Idle
The Jayhawks are quietly making progress in a crowded Big 12.
17. Miami (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 10/3 vs. No. 9 Oklahoma
Miami fell apart against Virginia Tech, but still have their fourth-straight ranked opponent to face in Oklahoma this weekend.
18. BYU (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 10/2 vs. Utah State
BYU stays under Miami because Miami beat FSU, who BYU lost to.
19. Georgia (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 10/3 vs. No. 4 LSU
Georgia could catch the Tigers napping and need to strike when it happens.
20. Cincinnati (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 10/3 at Miami (Ohio)
The national polls have Cincinnati much higher, but I’m not sold on the Big East just yet.
21. Michigan (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 10/3 at Michigan State
A key Big Ten matchup this week will show just how far the Wolverines have come this season.
21. Nebraska (Last Week: 25) Next Game: Idle
Nebraska is one of five ranked teams in the Big 12 this season. Talk about competition!
22. UNC (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 10/3 vs. Virginia
The Tar Heels should bounce back after their flat performance against Georgia Tech and take down Virginia handily.
23. Oregon (Last Week: Not Ranked) Next Game: 10/3 vs. Washington State
The Ducks are back in the polls, as they show they can perform without running back LeGarrette Blount.
24. Iowa (Last Week: Not Ranked) Next Game: 10/3 vs. Arkansas State
The Hawkeyes climb into the polls thanks to their win over Penn State.
25. South Carolina (Last Week: Not Ranked) Next Game: 10/3 vs. South Carolina State
A huge upset win allows the Gamecocks to climb into the polls for the first time this season.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?