The Good,The Presentable, The Bad and The Ugly Invade Wrestlemania 25!
IT’S BACK AND IT’S BETTER THAN EVER!
The Good, Presentable, Bad, and the Ugly is back once again! The reason I brought it back was because I felt that my reviews on this site were more boring than a TNA PPV. Oh come on, everyone jokes on TNA! Anyway by popular demand (not really), I am bringing it back. In case you do not know how it works (most of you won’t) I will explain it.
On a PPV, I judge upon how good the matches are and the booking of the PPV and segments and promos also have an impact on the show. I put each segment, match etc. into categories and then give an overall grade for the PPV. The categories are good which means that it is good booking or a good match that makes sense. Presentable means it is mostly good, but has flaws or something is missing. Bad is something that is presentable, but has major flaws and did not deserve to be on the show – yet still watch able to a point. The ugly is unwatchable. You want to crave your eyes out when you are watching it from the stupidity.
And now 1-2-3 Action!
WrestleMania 25 Card
· Money in the Bank Ladder Match: CM Punk vs. Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas) vs. MVP vs. Finlay (w/Hornswoggle) vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Kane.
· Diva's Battle Royal
· Handicap Elimination Match: Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka (w/Ric Flair)
· Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
· Intercontinental Title: JBL vs. Rey Mysterio
· The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
· World Heavyweight Title: Edge vs. Big Show vs. John Cena
· WWE Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
· Money in the Bank Ladder Match: CM Punk vs. Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas) vs. MVP vs. Finlay (w/Hornswoggle) vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Kane- Good spot fest. Really got the crowd into the PPV- which is what an opener should do. I was really impressed by Kofi’s effort in this match. It seemed as if he really wanted to give a WM moment. Shelton Benjamin also deserves brownie points for risking his life to entertain us. I must admit that I am getting a little tired of this concept, but it still worked here. ***.
· The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels- Brilliant match. Everything was done at the right time. The psychology was great. They did not waste anytime. Every second I was on the edge of my seat. They both sold everything accurate. Despite some minor botches and knowing the obvious winner, this was virtually perfect. **** ½
· The Commentary- Seeing that it seems that everything Cole and Lawler calls is annoying, I was pleasantly surprise how good it was. Cole was less annoying, and called moves, instead of doing other Cole stuff. Lawler wasn’t as annoying, and reminded me of his Attitude Era days, aka the time I could tolerate him. And JR was just well good ole’ JR. Despite the if and ands, they mesh really well together.
· Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy- How Ironic, that Jeff and Matt both started out backyard wrestling, and wrestled a backyard type of match at Wrestlemania. Other than a couple good spots by Daredevil Jeff and a sick finish, this felt like it had just as much psychology than a “PG” CZW match. ** ¼
· World Heavyweight Title: Edge vs. Big Show vs. John Cena- This match probably had the worst “main event” storyline/build coming into this. In the match, it seemed like they kind of tried to just drop the storyline and work a normal match. And other than a couple innovated spots, it just felt like a basic match. I do not know if it was because of having to go after ‘Taker vs. HBK, or it was just the style they wrestled, but this had no epic feel to it at all. I think dropped 400 pounds from this match, this could have reach Wrestlemania standards.** 1/2
· Handicap Elimination Match: Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka (w/Ric Flair)- If it makes the Jerichoholics or the Steamboat marks any happier, I did not put this match in the “bad” column because of the wrestling; more so the booking. The fact that they thought it would be a great idea for two has beens to wrestle in a WM match is beyond stupid, its retarded. Then after the match have Jericho take out Flair only to get owned by Rourke, is retarded. They did finally do Jericho vs. Steamboat at Backlash, but I thought that match could have been better off on this card (coming from a person who went to Backlash). * ½
· WWE Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Randy Orton- Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, where do I even start? This had solid build leading into this match, and yet they failed so much. Much like actors rehearsing for a play before a show, this is exactly how this felt like; two wrestlers rehearsing before a match by going-through-the-motions with scripts and the whole 9 yards. The problems with the match were: 1. there was no real violence 2. They didn’t really make the title seem all that important, which made me think what they were really wrestling for 3. Everyone expected a swerve by one of the Mcmahons or at least a run in and 4. The finish was way too anticlimactic. Just to get to the point, this flat out sucked. * ¾
· Intercontinental Title: JBL vs. Rey Mysterio- I know this was all JBL’s idea, but as a JBL fan, I would have liked to see him go out a better way than this. “Not this way; not this way! *drops dead*”.
· Diva's Battle Royal- From Kid Rock’s horrible performance; to the sloppy wrestling; to the time it got; to Santina Marella, this whole this was more useless than Mae Young’s tits. -***
-Going Home: As I browse through the internet, I see tons of hate for this show. While I must agree 100 percent that this show was disappointing, but I did not think it was appalling at all. I think Undertaker vs. HBK was incredible, and a few other matches were good also. I really had fun watching this PPV, and I would have to say from my perspective I slightly recommended you see this show, if you have not, but be very aware of the bad matches. A Slight thumbs up for Wrestlemania 25.
Ps. Even though I do love HHH, I have to ask him something....
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?