Top Ten Teams
1. Florida-Got it done, that's all that matters.
2. Alabama-Looking better every week.
3. Texas-I'm not convinced they should be this high.
4. Boise State-Can you say BCS mess?
5. TCU-Played a cupcake.
6. Ole Miss-The SEC will sort itself out.
7. LSU-A third SEC West team.
8. Penn State-Best team in the worst conference.
9. Miami-Best team in the second best conference.
10. Cal-If it comes down to Kevin Riley having to win a game for them just give them an "L" now.
Ten Best Games
1. Washington 16, USC 13-Not too surprising, just fits the Trojan's trend.
2. Virginia Tech 16, Nebraska 15-One of the best finishes you will ever see.
3. Washington State 30, SMU 27 (OT)-This was just plain silly.
4. Oregon 31, Utah 24-And the longest winning streak ends.
5. Notre Dame 33, Michigan State 30-A see-saw battle.
6. Georgia 52, Arkansas 41-What is going on here?
7. Syracuse 37, Northwestern 34-The ol' game winning field goal.
8. Southern Miss 37, Virginia 34- Big time comeback.
9. MTSU 32, Maryland 31-It's official, MTSU has the Terps number.
10. Cal 35, Minnesota 21-Was close most of the way.
Top Ten Performers For Week Three
1. Jahvid Best-Ok, I'll say it: he may be the BEST.
2. Joe Cox-Matthew who?
3. Landry Jones-Does being the replacement mean you get the stats as well?
4. Jacory Harris-They don't call it quarterback U for nothing.
5. Jake Locker-Maybe he does make that big of a difference.
6. Tim Tebow-He looked like a one man band.
7. Ryan Mathews-Would have had 1,000 yards in a game if the endzone didn't keep getting in the way.
8. Andre Dixon-Maybe they won't miss Donald Brown too much.
9. Emmanuel Sanders-18 Catches.
10. Jeremy Avery-17 yards per carry.
Ten Myths and Pretenders Exposed
1. The ACC stinks-Beat two highly ranked out of conference opponents in one week.
2. The Big East stinks-Wonder what that makes Oregon State?
3. Florida is unbeatable-More than a few teams saw what it takes and it's running between the tackles.
4. BYU is going to the BCS-Yeah right.
5. Greg Paulus can't play QB-Yes he can and he can win games too.
6. The Big Ten is the second best conference-They aren't even third best.
7. Oregon is done-No they aren't.
8. The SEC is all about defense-I saw some pretty big scores yesterday.
9. Tyrrod Taylor can't throw-He can when it counts.
10. Colorado is the worst team-The win makes them just one of the worst.
Ten Random Observations
1. Jimmy Clausen can't throw anything but a fade- Sad but true.
2. Someone thinks football fans will buy anything-The Miracle Meatball?
3. Some people think the big news Internet sites are down-Way too many game recap articles.
4. The preseason rankings are already out the window-The current ones are even still sort of silly.
5. The whole "we beat them and they beat you" argument would be a big circle already-I never thought that one was a legit one anyway.
6. Someone wanted a "fashionable" Snuggie- I didn't know there was a public demand.
7. The refs don't seem so bad this year- Maybe it's just me.
8. There are more ugly uniforms than ever-What's up Gophers?
9. Miami and Florida State are still the fastest teams-And it isn't even close behind them.
10. Last year's clock rules changes haven't changed the game much-I was thinking at the time they were a disaster.
Ten Teams Who Have Improved The Most
1. Miami-Might not be all the way back but look very good.
2. Auburn-Didn't see this coming
3. Washington-I thought they would be a bowl team.
4. Michigan-Could win the Big Ten.
5. Clemson-Horribly under rated.
6. SMU-Lost yesterday but they are much better than they were.
7. Syracuse-Got into the win column and playing decent football.
8. South Carolina-Much better offense than a year ago.
9. UCLA-They're competitive.
10. Arkansas-Petrino will have them in gear soon enough.
The Ten Worst Teams
1. Ball State-Horrible.
2. Western Kentucky-Still stink.
3. Miami (OH)-Not even fun to watch.
4. Rice-What a difference a year makes.
5. Eastern Michigan-This list wouldn't be the same without at least one directional Michigan team.
6. New Mexico-They may need a newer Mexico.
7. San Jose State-No offense whatsoever.
8. Wyoming-Lost to Colorado, pretty much says it all.
9. Temple-They weren't this bad last year.
10. Michigan State-Not just an underachiever anymore. Now they outright stink as well.
Ten Memories From Week Three
1. Eric Berry's effort-He left it all on the field.
2. Ndamakong Suh's dominance-In a word, unbelievable.
3. Jake Locker's Grittiness-He didn't care who was supposed to win.
4. Jacory Harris' leadership-Beyond his years.
5. Tim Tebow's enthusiasm-Is every play for the National Title?
6. Tyrrod Taylor's calmness-Looked like he was in no rush at all to get the ball out.
7. Jahvid Best's flash and dash-If you blinked you missed it.
8. Mardy Gilyard's determination-He wasn't going to lose.
9. Ryan Mathew's breakaway speed-It was something to see.
10. A.J. Green's athleticism-It's something special.
Top Ten Games For Next Week
1. Miami at Virginia Tech-And just like that the ACC is all the rage.
2. California at Oregon-Will go a long way in the Pac-10 pecking order.
3. Mississippi at South Carolina-First real test for the Rebels.
4. TCU at Clemson- Just sounds interesting.
5. Iowa at Penn State-I think Lion fans have been waiting for this one.
6. Texas Tech at Houston-We may see 100 points.
7. South Florida at Florida State-If USF wants to be one of the big boys in the state, they'll have to beat one of the big boys in the state.
8. Arkansas at Alabama-Should be a decent game.
9. Southern Miss at Kansas-A lot of athletes on the field usually makes for a good game.
10. Illinois at Ohio State-A win in the Shoe could make the Illini's season.
Ten Games For Next Week They Should Cancel
1. Buffalo at Temple-The insomnia cure.
2. Washington State at USC-Someone may be a little angry after this past weekend.
3. Grambling State at Oklahoma State-Anyone want to pay for tickets to watch this?
4.Ball State at Auburn-Unwatchable unless you have friends who are 4th string for the Tigers who you want to see play some late in the game.
5. Sam Houston State at Tulsa-I didn't even know Sam Houston had a state named after him.
6. McNeese State at Tulane-During the offseason I always think I'd watch just about any game. On second thought maybe not.
7. Hofstra at Western Michigan-I just don't see the point.
8. Maine at Syracuse-Why bother?
9. Minnesota at Northwestern-And people wonder why the Big Ten has a reputation of being boring.
10. Northwestern State at Baylor-Next time Big 12 fans try and say their teams don't schedule softer than anyone else be sure to bring up this one.