Spotlighting The Indies: Milano Collection A.T., Wrestler/Fashion Expert
If you missed last week's spotlight on Japanese wrestler Naruki Doi, you can read it here.
This week I'll be talking to you about one of the most unique indy wrestlers on the Japanese circuit today, Milano Collection A.T.
One of the things that draws the fan's attention to this wrestling superstar is his gimmick, which is unlike pretty much anything else you've ever seen.
As the name suggests, A.T. portrays somebody in the Italian fashion industry, always wearing extravagant attire to the ring, but the thing that people always remember is his invisible dog named "Mikeru" that he walks to the ring on one of those joke dog leashes.
The great thing about this wrestler is that he isn't just a gimmick. If anybody makes fun of him, he can certainly teach them a thing or two once they climb through the ropes.
Here's a quick rundown of his achievements to date. Keep in mind that at the age of 33 he's only been wrestling since the year 2000:
- Has wrestled for TNA, Ring Of Honor, Dragon Gate, CZW, IWA, International Wrestling Cartel, Toryumon, East Coast Wrestling Association, Chikara, Full Impact Pro, and New Japan Pro Wrestling.
- 1x NWA International Light Heavyweight Championship (Toryumon).
- 1x Open The Triangle Gate Championship (Dragon Gate, Current).
- 4x UWA World Trios Championship (Toryumon) - This is the same title that other teams such as Los Brazos, Los Villanos, and The Hawaiian Beasts a.k.a. The Headshrinkers have won over the 25 years.
- Winner of the 2007 NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors tournament. Former winners include Jushin Liger (on three occasions), Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit), Black Tiger II (Eddie Guerrero), and Tiger Mask IV (two years in a row).
- Participant in the 2008 TNA Super X Cup as a member of Team Japan.
- Wrestled on the 2008 TNA Victory Road pay-per-view, again as a member of Team Japan.
The best way to describe this magnificent specimen, because that's really the only way to describe him, is a mix of high flying and technical skills with an unbelievable amount of different submissions.
If you want proof, all you have to do is watch the videos at the end of this article and I think you'll agree that this wrestler truly is a superstar!
- Milano Collection A.T. making his way to the ring with his invisible dog "Mikeru"
- Just another example of his great taste in fashion...
- Milano Collection A.T. and Colt Cabana implementing an unusual submission move at a ROH event.
If you only watch one video out of this article, then PLEASE make it this one. It's an awesome highlights package showing the plethora of submission moves, among other things, that this man can perform:
Here's just a couple of examples of what A.T. can do on any given day:
Milano Collection A.T. vs. Tiger Mask IV - NJPW, 10/9/2006
Milano Collection A.T. vs. Curry Man - TNA Impact, 2008 Super X Cup
Obsessed With Wrestling
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?