Coca-Cola 600: Talkin' NASCAR Smack with Yao Ming
Now I REALLY wish I was going to be at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Sunday. I got this email invitation from Coca-Cola that reads in part….
Before the green flag drops to start this weekend’s Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, one pit crew performance will stand head and shoulders above the rest—literally. Seven-foot, six-inch international basketball star Yao Ming and two-time U.S. Olympic taekwondo gold medalist Steven Lopez will be introduced to the world of NASCAR as honorary pit crew members for Kyle Petty’s No. 45 Coca-Cola team—including the opportunity to join the crew in conducting simulated pit stops. In return, the two Olympians will give members of the Coca-Cola Racing Family a glimpse into their world – with Yao challenging some of NASCAR’s top stars at basketball and Lopez teaching Taekwondo moves to a few drivers.
Yao Ming and NASCAR? I smell Brian France behind the Coke bottle (no pun intended ;-). Actually, this sounds like a blast. Check out this list of events.
- Yao Ming and Steven Lopez in crew uniforms changing tires and performing other pit crew duties with Kyle Petty and the No. 45 Coca-Cola car
- Yao and Coca-Cola Racing Family drivers shooting hoops and playing “Around the World” in Victory Lane
- Lopez providing taekwondo tips to Coca-Cola Racing Family drivers
- Media invited to shoot baskets with Yao, time permitting
- Yao, Lopez and participating drivers available for soundbites
I’d like the e-bay rights to that Yao uni. As much as we could use the soundbites for ON PIT ROW, shooting hoops with Yao would be a gas. So would breakin’ a few boards with Steven Lopez.
Maybe I’ll head to Lowe's on Sunday after all. Who needs a vacation?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?