Gegard Mousasi Out of Super-Hulk: Other Notes from DREAM Press Conference
Gegard Mousasi Out of Super-Hulk, Other Notes from Press Conference
Rumors began yesterday and were confirmed today by DREAM officials that MMA Standout and tournament favorite Gegard Mousasi was officially out of the tournament due to an injury.
M-1 officials gave no details on what Gegard Mousasi injured or how long it will be before we see Mousasi fight again. However, it is being speculated that the injury was suffered during the exhibition match with Fedor Emelianenko at M-1 Breakthrough.
DREAM is currently in the process of searching for a replacement opponent for new tournament favorit Sokoudjou. They stated that those eliminated in the first round will have first dibs on being the replacement opponent.
In other DREAM news, “JZ” Gesias Cavalcante will be in action on the Oct. 6th card against Daisuke Nakamura in a battle on lightweights. “JZ” is coming off losses to Shinya Aoki and Tatsuya Kawajiri and is looking to bounce back in spectacular fashion. Cavalcante originally called out Bellator Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez but he is unable to partake in the festivities because of his Bellator contract.
The Current DREAM 11 Card looks like this:
· Champ Joachim Hansen vs. Shinya Aoki (for DREAM lightweight title)
· Featherweight grand prix finale
· Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. Daisuke Nakamura
· Bibiano Fernanders vs. Joe Warren (Featherweight Grand-Prix Semifinal)
· Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hideo Tokoro (Featherweight Grand-Prix Semifinal)
· Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Daiki "DJ.taiki" Hata (featherweight Grand-Prix Reserve Bout)
· Hong Man Choi vs. Ikuhisa Minowa (Super-Hulk Semifinal)
· Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. TBA (Super-Hulk Semifinal)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?