This is what I did. I rated the Throwing Game, Running Game and Defense of each team in the Big East. The Offensive Line had a major part to play in the Running Game. I also took into consideration of Home advantages, but those considerations aren't in the table I drew up below. I use the numbers in the table to determine who will win what game and when. Here are the numbers:
|Team||Throwing Game||Defense||Running Game||Total Points|
Cincinnati Game Projections:
@ Rutgers LOSS
- Since this is an away game, Rutgers gets +2 points, so both teams have 18 points. But the mediocre defense of Rutgers slows down Cincinnati's running and throwing game, while Rutgers solid offensive line coupled with Cincinnati's unproven defense lets Rutgers offense do wonders.
Southeast Missouri State WIN
- No comment
@ Oregon State WIN
- Oregon State's defense isn't as good as everyone thinks it is.
Fresno State WIN
- It's not Boise State.
@ Miami (OH) WIN
- I don't even know what conference Miami (OH) is from. I would say it's the ACC, but I know that's wrong.
@ South Florida LOSS
- Since this is an away game, South Florida gets +2 points, so both teams have 18 points. But the defense of South Florida stops Cincinnati in its tracks.
- Cincinnati gets +2 points making their total 20 points vs. Louisville's 14 points.
@ Syracuse WIN
- Syracuse gets +2 points since it's home making their total 15 vs. Cincinnati's 18.
- Cincinnati gets +2 points since it's home making their total 20. This verses Connecticut's 16 doesn't look good for the Huskies.
West Virginia LOSS
- Cincinnati gets +2 points since it's home making their total 20. This vs West Virginia's 22 doesn't look good for the Bearcats.
- The Big Ten consists of more than 10 schools. This is why Illinois will lose.
@ Pittsburgh LOSS
- Pitt gets +2 points because it's at their house. That makes their total 21 vs Cincinnati's 18 points.
There you have it folks. An 8 win 4 loss pre season record by the numbers for the Cincinnati Bearcats.
I'll be doing the rest of the Big East by numbers soon.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!