New York Mets Look Forward to 2010: What Can Fans Expect?
With 2009 being all but entered into the history books as one of the most bizarre and frustrating seasons for Mets fans, it's time to look forward to things improving in 2010.
Predictions for What Mets Fans Can be Thankful for Next Season
- Jose Reyes plays a full year and returns to being the spark of the lineup and basepath terror, his presence will no longer be sorely missed.
- Carlos Beltran returns to MVP form after hopefully avoiding microfracture surgery.
- Carlos Delgado shows that he is past his hip injuries and is our much feared cleanup hitter.
- David Wright goes back to pimping the orange shirt and neck chain, but more importantly shows that his legs are healthy and does not have any lingering effects from his concussion.
- Johan Santana regains his form as our pitching ace, but does not need to be the glue that holds the pitching rotation together.
- Oliver Perez has successful surgery and is in Cy Young contention. I predict he will be a 15-game winner.
- Mike Pelfrey has put the "yips" behind him and his new found fatherhood has prepared him to being mentally tough, without relying on Wright to talk him down from the Whitestone Bridge.
- Fernando Martinez wins Rookie of the Year Award and is able to stay healthy for the whole season.
- Luis Castillo proves that his offensive prowess in 2009 was not a fluke and continues to be a valuable member of this team. He also goes on to win another Gold Glove Award.
- Jeff Francoeur and Wright become co-captains of the Mets, leading them on the field each day and both continue to be accountable to the media and show their teammates that its part of the game.
- Citi Field will not be brand new next year, the learning curve drops way down.
- Minaya works out a great deal in the winter months to bring some much needed power to the lineup in the unfortunate event that Delgado and/or Beltran go down with more injuries.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?