You know all of those Green Bay Packers fans whose closets are lined with Brett Favre gear, who splurged on number 4 Jets jerseys the minute he announced his unretirement last season? (I know at least one such family…but I will not call them out by name because I don’t want my supply of the world’s best meatloaf to be cut off.)
Well, what are these folks to do now that their beloved is playing for a different team and *gasp* one that is in the Packers’ very own division? (If it’s the family I know, who are more Favre fans than Packer fans, it’s head over to NFLshop.com and get Favre Vikings jerseys, of course!)
The good folks at 1670 WTDY in Madison, Wisconsin—namely, “The Wisconsin Guys,” Dan and Kurt—have an idea: donate all of your old Brett Favre clothes to the homeless! It’s called the “4 The Poor Jersey Drive.”
So, how do you get rid of that old Brett Favre jersey, hat, sweatshirt, etc…?
There is no need to blow it up, light it on fire, run it over, shred it, or any of the other pretty good ideas you may have. If you give it to us, we’ll put your name in a drawing to win tix to see Benedict Favre take on the Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday, November 1st.
We will be taking those used but now useless clothing items to Minneapolis just prior to the Green Bay/Vikings Monday Night Football game on October 5th and we’ll be giving them to a Twin Cities homeless shelter. See, they don’t have to go to waste!
That, ladies and gentleman, is a constructive way to deal with feelings of anger, betrayal, and revenge…and could only come from the good folks who inhabit the glorious Midwest. Think Philly fans would be clothing the homeless with old Mike Schmidt jerseys if he had unretired to play for the Yankees? Shoot, they might not even give a homeless guy an old McNabb jersey and he’s still their QB!
(Philly fans, feel free to email me to express disgust that I just perpetuated the old stereotypes again…you were the first fanbase that came to my mind…I’m sorry!)
And here you go, some other solid links from around the web today.
- University of Oregon threatening cheerleader Amanda Pflugrad over online bikini photos? — (Busted Coverage)
- Rick Pitino has had it with you lying liars — (Deadspin)
- Who cares what the topic is, this is always worth a click — (Hot Clicks)
- AFC West Preview — (MoonDog)
- I’ve finally kicked the Cubsahol…for now — (Not Qualified to Comment)
- MLB realignment is stupid — (Sharapova’s Thigh)
- Blogs With Balls Radio premieres on the Joe Sports Fan Radio Network — (Hugging Harold Reynolds)
- Colt McCoy and his Heisman ’stache — (Major League Jerk)
- QB controversy in Minnesota? What? — (The Viking Age)
- Jay Cutler 2009 Predictions — (Jay Cutler Superstar)
- Team-by-team success when top two starters pitch — (MLive.com)
- Granny goes nuts, attacks news crew with a garden hoe (AWESOME!) — (Straight Pinkie)
- The hotties of beer pong — (Spewf.com)
- Courtney Starburst looks good in Jamaica — (Hail Mary Jane)