Okay, Eagles fans, let's all collectively take a deep breath.
I know we can be a passionate bunch, but the preseason is no reason to get tied in a knot. The Lions went undefeated last preseason for goodness sake. It means nothing.
Injury has been a dirty word for those who reside in Philly, as it seems whenever I turn my head I am reading about another Eagle going down.
It's still going to be okay.
Points worth mentioning.
- DeSean Jackson has looked amazing as of late, and his touchdown catch against the Colts was flawless. As we have been reading since the beginning of camp, no one can cover him. He is going to be an impressive receiver lined up for another breakout year.
- LeSean McCoy seems to look as good as everyone says. It is very encouraging to see how similar he is to Westbrook. It's great to have another rushing, receiving, and blocking threat on the team.
- The O-line has huge potential, although there is a huge question mark hanging over them, as injuries have taken its toll on one of our perceived strengths entering this season.
- On defense, the loss of Stewart Bradley was a shot to the heart. Andy Reid seems to have faith in Joe Mays and Omar Gaither, although certainly neither will be Bradley.
- Jeremy Maclin has been less than impressive after his holdout. In my opinion, Demps should stay in his slot as kick returner until Maclin has had some time to adjust. It is definitely not a position in need.
- Whether I'd like to admit it or not, the potential contribution of Michael Vick will be an important factor for this team. He could play in his first game this Thursday.