FIFA Rumour Mill: May 19, 2008
- Derby and Birmingham are on alert after Everton midfielder Lee Carsley
turned down a new contract, so he can move back to the Midlands. (Press Association)
- Real Madrid are on the verge of signing Racing Santander’s Argentine centre half Ezequiel Garay for eleven million Euros (eight million pounds), after Barcelona president Joan Laporta vetoed a move for the player. (Sky Sports News).
- Aston Villa are rumoured to be tracking nineteen year old Real Valladolid keeper Sergio Asenjo. The Spaniard has a buyout clause of about 3.3 million pounds. (Sky Sports News)
- Ex England boss Steve McClaren is in line for taking the reins at FC Twente next season. The Dutch side qualified for the Champions League through the playoffs beating Ajax in the final. (The Sun)
- Arsenal are in talks with AS Roma’s highly rated Italian international Alberto Aquailani over a move to the Emirates. (Setanta Sports News)
- Everton are interested in Bordeaux’s former Liverpool midfielder Alou Diarra, has a replacement for the departing Lee Carsley. (Various)
- Although they missed out on Garay, the Catalans have agreed a six million pound fee with Manchester United for Gerard Pique to take the Spanish defender back to the Nou Camp. (Daily Mail)
- Hungary captain Zoltan Gera could leave West Brom for Portuguese giants Benfica, after the midfielder’s agent received an offer from the Reds. (The Times)
- Paul Jewell has put the entire Derby County squad up for sale, following the Ram’s relegation from the Premier League. (Daily Record)
- Arsenal could turn to Blackburn’s Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz if Emanuel Adebayor leaves for AC Milan, although the Gunners are confident that the Togo captain will stay in North London. (The Times)
- Arsenal will also sign Portsmouth’s Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjcar for ten million, if the south coast club sign former Liverpool winger Harry Kewell, who is a free agent after leaving Anfield. (Daily Mirror)
- Celtic will try to sign West Brom captain Paul Robinson if Lee Naylor leaves for Portsmouth. (The Herald)
- Fulham saviour Brian McBride is considering returning to the States this summer with former club Columbus Crew and Chicago Magic interested. The former USA international is out of contract this summer. (The Times)
- Lassana Diarra has a gentlemen’s agreement with Portsmouth that will let him leave the south coast if a top Champions League club comes in for the France International. (Daily Mail)
- QPR hope to bring West Brom Striker Kevin Phillips and Wolves’ Striker Freddie Eastwood to Loftus Road as the club’s first choice strike partnership next season. But the hoops will face competition from four other championship clubs for Eastwood’s signature. (Daily Mirror)
- Derby have had a half a million pound bid for Swansea’s Dutch midfielder Ferrie Bodde turned down. (Sky Sports News)
- Daniel Alves says that he feels the time is right to leave Sevilla for another challenge, Barcelona are the favourites for the match winning right back. (Sky Sports News)
- Hearts winger Neil McCann has left Tynecastle and signed for Falkirk. He joins fellow veterans Lee Bullen and Jackie McNamara in making the move to Falkirk Park. Hearts have also released French centre half Ibrahim Tall. (Sky Sports News)
- Shaun Wright-Phillips has denied that he wants to leave Stamford Bridge, despite his lack of first-team chances with the Blues. (Chelsea.com)
- While highly rated striker Karim Benzema will stay at Lyon despite the French international being chased by some of Europe’s biggest clubs. (Sky Sports News)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?