NDSU-Central Michigan: An Apology to Craig Bohl
We all know about Appalachian State's upset win over then fifth-ranked Michigan in Ann Arbor.
But some people may have missed North Dakota State's big upset this Saturday.
The Bison destroyed Central Michigan in Mount Pleasant, MI, cruising to a 44-14 win over the Chippewas.
Oh, and did I mention that NDSU is part of the NCAA's FCS (formerly DI-AA), and that Central Michigan is in the FBS (formerly DI-A)?
While Central Michigan wasn't exactly ranked fifth in the AP Poll, the Chippewas were a bowl team last year. In fact, Central Michigan won the Motor City Bowl, beating Middle Tennessee State 31-14.
So NDSU didn't beat up on Duke or anything.
Now, I know Marshall also lost to an FCS team earlier this year. So where's the love for New Hampshire?
Well, I wasn't stupid enough to knock UNH before they played Marshall.
In response to Ben Johnson's article earlier this week, I'm on record as saying, "We all know that Central Michigan should DESTROY North Dakota State... It shouldn't be close, considering NDSU isn't FBS/DI-A."
I was making an argument about how silly I thought it was for Johnson to propose that the Bleacher Report community actually pick the score for the Central Michigan/North Dakota State game.
In throwing the Bison under the bus—rather than a team from any of the other 65 games on Ben's slate—I figured the odds were on my side.
I figured wrong.
So, for being wrong, I apologize, Ben Johnson. Maybe there was some wisdom behind your decision to ask us to predict a total of 66 games this weekend.
(I would like to point out, however, that the two predictions that were posted had CMU winning by scores of 49-7 and 45-10...so no one actually came close to calling the upset.)
More importantly, I apologize to NDSU head coach Craig Bohl. Your squad has taught me a lesson, Coach:
Never, ever, scrutinize a team when you don't know what their mascot is.
To make amends to Coach Bohl and his Bison, I felt it necessary to fill in the rest of the college football world on some more notable NDSU facts—and hopefully give NDSU a little bit more exposure.
It's the least I could do.
- North Dakota State University is located in Fargo, North Dakota, and has a student population of over 12,000.
- The Bison were ranked 4th in NCAA's FCS before their win over Central Michigan. They'll likely move up after their surprising win, especially with top-ranked Appalachian State losing to Wofford this weekend.
- The Bison currently play in the Great West Football Conference, but will make the move to the Gateway Football Conference next year.
- Last year, NDSU surprised another FBS team, Ball State. They beat the Cardinals 29-24.
- NDSU will play one more FBS school during the 2007 season—Minnesota, on October 20th.
Sorry for my mistake, Coach Bohl. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'll be glad to treat you to a meal.
Hey, we can celebrate your team's big win over Central Michigan.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?