My All Time New York Mets Team
A few months ago, I wrote my all time New York Yankees team. As an idea, I decided to continue and write my all time teams for every Major League baseball team. I will continue now with the New York Mets. My team will consist of 22 players. 2 players at each position (starter and backup). 2 left-handed starting pitchers, 2 right-handed starting pitchers, and 2 relievers.
Here is my New York Mets all time team:
1. Mike Piazza- One of the greatest hitting catchers of all time
2. Jerry Grote- Underrated, but, a great defensive catcher
1. Keith Hernandez- Borderline hall of famer. One of the greatest defensive first-basemen ever
2. John Olerud- Great hitter. Still holds the record for best average by a Met
1. Wally Backman- Not many great 2nd basemen to choose from. Backman was a key for the 86 Mets
2. Edgardo Alfonzo- Had a couple of great years. Was part of a great infield in the late 90s.
1. Bud Harrelson- Very consistent who played for years as the Mets starting shortstop
2. Jose Reyes- If he can get healthy again, he will be the Mets all time #1 shortstop
1. David Wright- The Mets have never had a consistent starter at 3rd base until Wright came along. If he keeps it up, he can be an all time great.
2. Howard Johnson-A very solid player for a few years.
1. Mookie Wilson- He could play center or left, but, he was a spark plug
2. Cleon Jones- He hit .340 in 1969 when the Mets won
1. Carlos Beltran- If he can stay healthy, he can be an all time great
2. Lenny Dykstra- Great leadoff hitter.
1. Daryl Strawberry- Gifted player. If only he didn't do drugs.
2. Tommy Agee- Played center for the Mets in 69. Clutch player
1. Tom Seaver- The franchise won 3 Cy Young awards
2. Dwight Gooden- He could've been better than Seaver
1. Jerry Koosman- He had 3 World Series wins. More than Seaver or Gooden
2. Al Leiter- A real clutch pitcher
1. John Franco
2. Tug McGraw
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?