As a Browns fan, I am always in the mindset of 'maybe next year.' With that said, here is my wish list for the 2010 season free agency and NFL Draft pick ups.
- Antoine Winfield: The veteran cornerback would bring a much needed veteran presence to an extremely young secondary.
- Troy Smith: He is a quarterback from Cleveland. A welcome athletic back-up for Quinn and Brett Ratliff (in hopes that Derek Anderson is traded for draft picks)
Mike Nugent: A kicker with great power and room to grow. Dawson could be on his way out of Cleveland soon.
Picking three ex-Buckeyes to start was not my intention going in.
- LenDale White: With Jamal Lewis aging there will be a need for a strong, smash-mouth RB in White.
- Steve Breaston: Braylon Edwards will be on his way out of Cleveland and the Browns will be in serious need of wr's. Breaston will also replace Cribbs as a kick-returner if he ends up leaving as well.
- Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida: A hard hitting, fast player with immediate starter implications needed in one of the weakest linebacker corps in the NFL.
- Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan: Say what you want, punting is something the Browns will be doing a lot of over the next couple seasons. Mangini is a ball control/field position coach and having one of the strongest punters with a mid-round pick would be perfect.
- George Selvie, DE, USF: If Spikes is gone, take Selvie and put him at OLB. Using him as a 3-4 DE may hurt his potential, but with a 6'4" 250lb body, you never can tell.
- Jim Cordle, OT, Ohio State: The left side of the line is respectable with Joe Thomas, but putting Jim Cordle in as the RT would add a solid presence that has been lacking in recent years.
- Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas: Shipley has been Colt McCoy's roommate and main target at Texas for what seems like 10 years. Shipley's hard-nosed playing ability would be perfect for the Browns.
- Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson: Fast, fast, fast. This guy could be the next Devin Hester and if Cribbs leaves, we will need a good returner.
More to come.