As another year begins to start, I am going to preview my top conference. And my rankings of conferences.
As it's clear to see, the PAC-10, or SEC is the top conference.
As I have said a million times before, The Big 12 is the best conference. Why do you ask? Because, they have 3 teams in the top 10!
And, as we all know, those 3 are Oklahoma, Texas, and the last team. ?Is it Texas Tech or Missouri?
The third and final team is the Oklahoma State Cowboys. For the first time in many years, the Cowboys are ranked in the Top 10, according to Sporting News. And the Preseason Coaching Poll.
So, here comes my preview for the Big 12 Conference.
1. Oklahoma Sooners- After last years controversial decision of who would represent the Big 12 South, the Sooners fell short of their goal. A National Championship. They were outplayed in the BCS National Championship.
Regardless, they are still my pick to win the Big 12 Championship. I picked them because they have won the last 12 out of 13 titles. Ad they are also my pick to beat Florida in the BCS National Championship.
2. Texas- They believed they got cheated. They're mad. Colt McCoy is smooth under pressure. Texas will go just as far as McCoy can carry them.
3. Oklahoma State- With Dez Bryant and Zac Robinson returning, the Pokes will have one heck of a season through the air. Look also for Sergio Kindle coming with an unstoppable rushing attack.
4. Kansas- Kansas has been a pretty big power in the North for 2 years. With Tod Reesing as Quarterback, The Jayhawks will have a slight chance of stealing the Conference Title. Look for Kansas to make some noise.
5. Nebraska- Nebraska will have a shot at the Big 12 title. Make sure your in front of a TV when they play Kansas.
6. Texas Tech- They will be dwindling on offense. The loss of Grahm Harrel and Michael Crabtree knocks them out of the race for a National Championship. They are too unexpierienced to make something happen.
7. Colorado- Cody Hawkins is a premeire threat. They are good, but don't look for too much noise from Colorado.
8. Baylor- Baylor has the best athlete in the Big 12 in Robert Griffin. The Bears won't be much this year, but look for their rising talent in 2012.
9. Missouri- With Chase Daniel gone, the Tigers don't pose a threat for anyone, but Baylor.
10. Texas A&M- Expect nothing from the Aggies. They have a shot at maybe 4th, but no more than that.
11. Kansas State- They have been good in the past, but just not this year.
12. Iowa State- Iowa State will have a typical Iowa State season.
1. Big 12
4. Big 10
6. Big East
7. Mountain West
9. Conference USA
11. Sun Belt
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!