1) Carlos Carrasco: RHP. Went 6-2 for Clearwater pitching 69.2 innings while striking out 53. He compiled an ERA of 2.85. Got called up from Clearwater to double A Reading and went 6-4 there pitching 70.1 innings while striking out 49 and compiling a 4.86 ERA. Pitched in 2007 All star futures game. Will start season in double A Reading should be in the majors in 2009.
2) Adrian Cardenas: 2b. Hit .295 with 9 HR, 79 RBI’s and 20 SB’s in 127 games for low class A Lakewood. Previous year he hit .318 with 2 Hr’s, 21 RBI’s and 13 Sb’s in only 41 games at Rookie ball in the Golf Coast League. Was a sandwich pick in between the first and second rounds out of high school. Phills will most likely look to move him to third because the trade of Mike Costanzo left them with no third base prospect. Cardneas played in the 2007 Futures game. Will start off season in Class A Clearwater. Should be in majors in 20010
3) Joe Savery: LHP. Went 2-3 in 26.1 innings while striking out 22 and compiling a 2.73 for low low Class A Williamsport. In 14 innings in winter ball he struck out 5 in 14 innings of work and compiling a .64 ERA. He went 1-1 while starting 5 games in winter ball. Was drafted in 2007 out of Rice University where he led the team in pitching and hitting. Most scouts say his bat will come with him to the majors. Didn’t go to Rookie ball went straight from the college world series to Williamsport. Will either be in Lakewood but possibility he could be in Clearwater depending how he does in spring training. Should hit majors in 2009
4) Greg Golson: Of. Hit .285 last season at Clearwater playing most of the year in Class A before being called up to Double A Reading where he hit .242. at Clearwater he had 12 Hr, 3 triples, 52 RBI’s and 25 Sb’s in 418 AB’s. At Reading he had 3 HR’s, 3 triples, 16 RBI’s and 5 SB’s in 153 AB. Played this season in winter ball where he hit .266 with 2 HR’s 3 triples,16 RBI’s and 8 SB’s in only 109 AB’s. Was drafted in the first round and never really panned out until last season. Was always up and down but his glove has always been consistent. Best case scenario he is in the majors 2009 but his inconsistent play may hinder that. Will start in Reading
5) Andrew Carpenter: RHP. Led Clearwater in innings pitched and helped them win the FSL Championship. Went 17-6 while striking out 116 in 163 innings while compiling a 3.20 ERA. Pitched a shortened No Hitter. Was a FSL All star and should pitch in Reading next season. Could reach pros in 2009.
6) Josh Outman: LHP. Was second on that Clearwater team in innings pitched with 117.1 before being called up to Reading. His stats in Clearwater are as follows: 2.45 Era with a 10-4 record while striking out 117. Averaged a K per inning. Went to Reading and his stats weren’t so good. Had a 2-3 record with a 4.50 ERA in 42 innings pitched while striking out 34. Also pitched in winter ball where he had a 3.69 ERA while pitching for two teams. Went a combined 1-1 while striking out 12 in 13.2 innings pitched. FSL All star. Look for him to start out in Reading. Best case is late 2008. Most likely 2009.
7) Lou Marson: C. Played last season in Clearwater where he hit .288 with 7 Hr’s and 63 RBIS while grabbing 3 bases. In 2006 he played with low class A Lakewood where he hit .243 with 4 HR’s and 39 RBIs while stealing 4 bases. People in the organization saw he is the most raw prospect they have with the highest sealing. Was a FSL all star last season. Will start next season in Reading should be in the pros 2010 or 2011.
8) Antonio Bastardo: LHP. Pitched most of last season in Lakewood where he dominated with a 1.87 ERA. In 91.2 innings he struck out 98 batters. Went 9-0 in Lakewood. Got called up to Clearwater where in 5 innings pitched he gave up 4 runs but struck out 12 while getting the win. My favorite prospect the Phillies have will start next season in Clearwater. Hit majors in 2010.
9) Jason Jaramillo: C. Hit .271 In triple A Ottawa. He also 6 HR with 56 RBI’s. He was drafted in the second round out of Oklahoma state and his most productive year with the bat came this year. He was a career .247 hitter but he is a great defensive catcher. Was drafted the same year the Phils took Marson in the fourth round. Will start off in Philly.
10) Jacob Diekman: LHP. I could have picked former 1st rounder Kyle Drabek hear but Diekmans numbers are too good to pass up. Kid went 1-3 in Rookie ball but had a 2.92 ERA in 37 innings pitched while striking out 35. Got a promotion to Low Low Class A Williamsport where he went 2-1 with a 2.25 ERA in 16 innings pitched struck out 11. Not too bad for a 30th round pick. Will start season in Williamsport but possibly might start in Lakewood. Will hit pros in 2011 or 2012