Ay, I'd like to welcome all my chicos, my chicas, and my amigos to my first article. I was reflecting on people who really impacted my life, and I've got to say, a lot of people come to mind.
In all that, one person stood out: my vato loco, Eddie Guerrero. He changed the way I looked at myself as a Hispanic-American.
I was told all my life that all Mexicans were good for was ditch-digging and making burritos. Eddie Guerrero made me believe otherwise. As time went on, I became proud to say "homes" and "ese" because I knew where I came from.
I can recall the first time I saw Eddie. He came out with that fly low-rider, and was like "ordale." I've got to tell you, that made me feel good.
A couple of months passed, and I was the biggest Eddict you could find. I could never get any of his merchandise, but hey, I did what I could to show my support and pride, ese.
I would like to share my top five favorite Eddie Guerrero moments with you.
- The Los Guerreros pool segment: "Now you wouldn't wanna get your pool all wet and full of water now would you?"
- The time when they jacked Kurt Angle's medals. Man that was hilarious.
- The Los Guerreros baby segment: Eddie: "You stole the baby's bottle?" Chavo: "Hey man, you stole all the good stuff, I had to steal something!"
- "I'm Your Papi!" That may not have been funny, but it was still a goodie.
- The Kurt Angle Auction: "Ay man, we'll take your wheelchair, and me and my cousin Chuy will put some hydraulics it."
I feel that he was taken way too soon, and he was at the peak of his career. Man, it still chokes me up to think of that memorial on RAW.
Thank you, Eddie. You did so much for us. We'll always miss you, ese.
You may not feel the same way I do, but I will accept any opinions.
Thanks for spending a little time with me, ese. It means a great deal.
V!VA LA RAZA!