The big news on a slow sports day today is that NFL commish Roger Goodell has reinstated Michael Vick on a conditional basis. Below is an excerpt from the ESPN.com story on Vick’s reinstatement, which is a republished AP report. (Hopefully the AP doesn't get their panties in a bunch that I’m “stealing” their content...
Vick cleared for preseason participation — (ESPN.com via the AP)
Michael Vick was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday and could play in regular-season games as early as October.
Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games—if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams have already said they would not.
“Needless to say, your margin for error is extremely limited,” Goodell said in a letter to Vick. “I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you and to dedicate yourself to rebuilding your life and your career. If you do this, the NFL will support you.”
Here are some Vick-related links, then a bunch of others to carry you through the afternoon. Hopefully I’ll be back in full action with my usual quota of daily posts starting again tomorrow.
- Michael Vick to the Cleveland Browns and Dawg Bound in 2009? — (MSF archives, but still relevant)
- “Phones are ringing” for Vick — (PFT via John Clayton reports)
- Vick could miss four games, or as few as no games — (PFT)
- Bud Selig mulling pardon for Pete Rose — (NY Daily News)
- Revisiting the funniest Rickey Henderson stories — (Detroit4Lyfe)
- Auditions for Cavs dance team an excuse to post pics of hot women — (Epic Carnival)
- NBA offseason told as quotes from “Almost Famous” Part 1 — (The Sports Guy…who else?)
- Rumor: Leon Powe to Cleveland? — (Celtics Blog)
- Ron Artest rapping in China — (Sharapova’s Thigh)
- Sox downed by Double Leylands — (Not Qualified to Comment)
- Top 10 Best Sports Movies — (Dallas Sports Fans)
- How to be a hostage negotiator — (Straight Pinkie)
- Baseball playing robots don’t need steroids — (MoonDog)
- Happy birthday Kate Beckinsale — (MoonDog)
- 10 disturbingly entertaining Jerry Springer fights — (Hail Mary Jane)
- Phillies fans kill one of their own…yes, kill — (Busted Coverage)
- Ken Rosenthal’s head might explode reading this — (uncoached)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!