As if we needed more evidence that God indeed has a sense of humor, news of the death of Oscar Mayer and a report of a possible Slim Jim shortage surface on the same frickin’ day. Some days this roundup writes itself, folks.
And now, on with today’s links. Heh.
- But first, our tweet of the day comes from comedian/actor Michael Ian Black: “Just told Jillian Barberie I was masturbating during our interview on ‘Good Day LA.’ Appropriate?” The answer: No less inappropriate than that potato sack dress she wears in the Nutrisystem commercial.
- First Janet, now The Big Ragoo. I swear, if Abe Vigoda gets busted for DUI this weekend, the apocalypse is officially upon us. (CelebNewsWire.com)
- Our Florida Dipshit o’ the Day: Prank caller convinces sheriff’s deputy to trash his own hotel room. In other news, deputy remains concerned that Prince Albert may still be in the can. (Orlando Sentinel)
- Speaking of Florida, it appears Florida International University’s cheerleaders have saved themselves from financial extinction, raising enough money via car washes and blood drives to continue inspiring the school’s 14 fans with their shining spirit. Perhaps more importantly, their hard work has saved them from having to earn the money through Isiah Thomas’ double-secret internship program. (Busted Coverage)
- You know it’s a dreadfully slow day in the world of sports when a three-day-old video makes your roundup, but dammit, Austin Kearns is still comedy gold.