I always like to tell people that I am not going fishing. I’m going catching. There’s a big difference.
I do still go fishing. I love to experiment. Experience truly is the best teacher (if you are paying attention).
So what’s the difference between fishing and catching? What makes some anglers successful, while others struggle?
It’s an understanding of the “Why?”.
So what is the “Why?” Simply put, it’s the reason you are doing what you are doing. If you can answer these questions every time you are fishing then you may be close:
- Why am I using this lure?
- Why am I presenting it this way?
- Why am I fishing it in this spot?
- Why am I using this line?
- Why is it working or (more likely) not working?
I will elaborate more on these subjects, click here.