Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of July 14
With that being said, with negotiations for three key players drawing close to conclusion, there could soon be some new arrivals in Turin.
There are also a number of names heading for the exit, and the next seven days could see the squad undergo some serious changes ahead of the new campaign.
The resignation of Antonio Conte will only add to that, and a number of deals have changed following his exit.
On the following pages is a summary of all the news relating to the reigning Serie A champions, a roundup that will be regularly updated throughout the week.
*UPDATED FRIDAY JULY 18*
Romelu Lukaku Was a Juventus Option
While Sky Italia report that the deal to bring Alvaro Morata to Turin is now all but complete (h/t Football Italia), it appears Romelu Lukaku was their alternative choice. Reports insist the Spanish striker could be announced as early as Friday, Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that the Chelsea star was their backup plan.
Writing on his own website, the respected journalist says that the Bianconeri had made contact with Lukaku's agent in case the agreement with Real Madrid collapsed
Arturo Vidal Not for Sale
Speaking on Wednesday, director general Beppe Marotta told a press conference (h/t Football Italia):
He is a Juventus player and in fact we have never put him up for sale. A lot of people have asked about him but we have never sat down around a table to negotiate. We will hold him tight.
Given that, because of experience, I will say that it’s often a player who decides his future. He has many times said he is happy to stay in Turin.
Patrice Evra Wins Allegri Praise
With their long-standing interest in Patrice Evra well known, per The Independent, Massimiliano Allegri admitted his admiration for the French defender.
"Evra is a player you cannot debate," the new coach said at his inaugural press conference (h/t Football Italia). "He has done great things at Manchester United."
Fabio Quagliarella Deal Done
Having found himself outside Antonio Conte's plans, the departure of the coach has meant no change for striker Fabio Quagliarella.
In fact, Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio wrote on his own website that a move across town is now "a done deal."
The transfer expert goes on to say the 30-year-old will move to Torino for around €3 million.
Alvaro Morata Trains in Isolation in Madrid
It was reported late on Monday that striker Alvaro Morata was training separately from his Real Madrid team-mates, leading to increased speculation that he is set to join Juventus.
The Bianconeri are seemingly close to a deal, with the player’s agent insisting a move was almost done last week.
“Morata is closer to Juventus,” Juanma Lopez told AS (h/t Football Italia).
This latest development only reinforces that belief.
Writing on his own website, Gianluca Di Marzio said the 21-year-old worked out alone “for most of the session.”
The respected journalist has also reported that new Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri has given the green light for the move to go ahead.
Arturo Vidal Happy at Juventus
The UK paper suggests United will not increase their bid, as their valuation fell way below Juventus' asking price.
Meanwhile, the player himself told Fox Sports in his native Chile that he has never spoken to anyone about the possibility of a move (h/t Football Italia):
I really do not know anything about what is going on. I’m not reading the papers, I am very calm, and I’m doing everything possible to recover from a knee injury.
Things are going well and I am happy at Juventus.
Patrice Evra Already a Juventus Player?
Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia) have reported that Patrice Evra has already signed a contract with Juventus but has asked the club not to announce the deal yet.
The outlet believe that the defender wishes to write an open letter to the Manchester United fans before his move is made official.
The 33-year-old is said to have met with representatives of the Bianconeri in Los Angeles on Saturday, penning a two-year contract with the Italian champions.
Udinese Deny Juventus Interest in Pablo Armero
Having seen Juventus linked to Pablo Armero over the weekend, Udinese have quickly denied that there is any truth to those rumours. The player was co-owned by Napoli, but Udinese bought out their share last month as the 27-year-old took part in the World Cup.
The club’s director of sport, Cristiano Giaretta, told Sport Italia that he could yet remain with the Friuli (h/t Football Italia):
It is not true that Juventus asked for Armero on loan and we do not have negotiations with any club. He has just finished an important experience at the World Cup with Colombia.
He’s our player and it’s entirely possible we could see him in pre-season training with Udinese. I can confirm he is above all of interest to clubs overseas, though.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!