There is only a couple of months to go until the new 2009 college football season kicks off . By now most analyst and sportswriters predictions are in. So here is my preseason top five predictions.
1. The University of Florida Gators- The Gators return with Tim Tebow and one of the most dominating defenses in the Urban Meyer era. If you join that with consistent play from the speedy running backs and receivers, I can't help but to have the Mighty Gators penciled in for another run at the title. The Gators should skate gracefully through their schedule like a ballerina on ice.
Potential Road Blocks:( University of Tennessee Volunteers / Louisiana State University Tigers /University of South Carolina Gamecocks)
Impact Players:( Tim Tebow/ The entire Gator backfield/ Aaron Hernandez/ Brandon Spikes)
2. The University of Texas Longhorns- I put them up here because of Colt McCoy's leadership and his drive to win. When it's time for the NFL draft I would have this young man slated as one of the top picks. Last season, in the Fiesta Bowl he showed determination and grit as he lead the Texas Longhorns to victory in the final drive over the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Potential Road Blocks: ( Texas Tech University Red Raiders/ Oklahoma University Sooners/ Oklahoma State University Cowboys)
Impact Players: ( Colt McCoy/ Malcolm Williams/ Jordan Shipley)
3. The Ohio State University Buckeyes- The young Terrelle Pryor lead Buckeyes should have the biggest chip on their shoulder due to recent teams performances on the national stage. If they get past the University of Southern California they should breeze through the rest of their schedule like a good wind.
Potential Road Blocks: ( University of Southern California Trojans/ Illinios Fighting Illini/ Penn State University Nittany Lions)
Impact Players: ( Terrelle Pryor/ Devier Posey/ Thaddeus Gibson/ Kurt Coleman)
4. The University of Southern California Trojans- The USC Trojans have pretty much invented the term "reload". Year in and year out it is expected for the USC Trojans to be a title contender. The Trojans should boast the nations best offensive line, and look for new players in skill positions.
Potential Road Blocks: ( The Ohio State University Buckeyes/ The University of California Golden Bears/ The Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
Impact Players: ( The Entire Offensive Line/ Joe McKnight/ Taylor Mays )
5. The Oklahoma University Sooners- Sam Bradford could lead the Sooners back to the promised land if they can get past the University of Texas. Like the Ohio State Buckeyes the Sooners still have a lot to prove to the nation.
Potential Road Blocks: ( University of Miami/ University of Texas Longhorns/ Oklahoma State University)
Impact Players: ( Sam Bradford/ DeMarco Murry/ Jermaine Gresham )
Notable mention: Virginia Tech Hokies/ Penn State Nittany Lions/ LSU Tigers
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!