For anybody out there who thinks bringing Jason Kidd to New York is a bad idea, I slap you with a ham.
Let’s take a look at 10 reasons why the Knicks MUST bring Kidd to New York.
10. The Knicks suck. Kidd is awesome.
9. Kidd loves New York. New York loves Kidd. I believe that’s a palindrome.
8. Kidd fits perfectly into Mike D’Antoni’s run and gun system—even better than Steve Nash.
7. Kidd is one of the five greatest point guards to ever play this game. Say what you want, but he’s a beast. The Knicks don’t have many top five anythings, except maybe the five worst contracts, or the five most out of shape players. Or the five worst draft picks in NBA history.
6. Kidd still has gas in the tank. And it’s not 87. He’s not a “slasher” like Iverson, nor a half-court guy like Chris Paul. He doesn’t take a lot of abuse, and surprisingly, for a point guard, doesn’t have the ball in his hands that much.
5. Kidd pimps mad hoes.
4. I need a Kidd Knicks jersey to hang with my Michael Jordan Knicks jersey and Alex Ovechkin Rangers sweater.
3. LeBron James LOVES Jason Kidd. In fact, in an interview last year, LeBron was quoted as saying his two favorite basketball players of all-time are Penny Hardaway and Jason Kidd.
2. The Knicks don’t have time to develop young talent. Knicks need to win, and win now. Signing Kidd to a three-year deal, at the mid-level price of $5.5 mil a year, is a steal. Then, when the Knicks steal Ricky Rubio from the Timberwolves, he’ll have a good mentor for a year.
1. Who else are we gonna sign?