I mostly edit articles on here, but I have been inspired to write something.
As I have combed through the articles in the Pro Wrestling section on here, I have seen a lot of people talking about Legacy being such a force in the WWE. What I have also noticed is that people seem to be uncertain about anyone else—i.e. people being traded and moved, crappy and half-hearted gimmicks, feuds that have gone on too long, ect.
Another general consensus I have seen is that people are generally unhappy with the amount of action in the WWE as a whole. They long for the glory days of the 90s and the Attitude Era. As someone who was a wrestling fiend earlier in life, I agree; and anyone who was around in the glory days of the WWE remembers the stables.
We had the Nation of Domination, the Corporation, the Ministry, the Corporate Ministry, Degeneration-X, and, lest we forget, the Oddities. There was also Money Inc., I believe, which had IRS and the original Ted DiBiase back in the day.
Why do I think this will cure what ails the WWE?
- Mid-card or up-and-coming wrestlers can get a taste of the spotlight and viewers will finally get to see some fresh talent.
- The wrestlers without clear roles can get one, or at least buy the creative team some time to think of something for them.
- The new international wrestlers instantly have a gimmick. Who doesn't like a good invasion? WWE did it to WCW.
- There will be more action for the viewers and wrestlers.
- There could be more interesting matches and story lines.
- It's a sure-fire thing. Look at Evolution, D-X, and the Four Horsemen.
Right now, I'm not exactly sure what the names of the stables should be, but I have a general idea of who would be where:
- The New School Oddities: Great Khali, Goldust, Hornswoggle, Vladimir Kozolov, Big Show
- Legacy: Randy Orton, Priceless, New Hart Foundation
- Golden Boys: John Cena, Jack Swagger, Tommy Dreamer, Jeff Hardy, Triple H, Hurricane Helms, Rey Mysterio
- The Heels: CM Punk, Mark Henry, Miz
Note: I haven't gotten fully back into the swing of watching WWE, so there are clearly wrestlers missing from this list. Feel free to comment on additions, subtractions, or trades that should take place. Where do you think the women should fall? Should they have their own stable?