Everybody knows someone who qualifies as a “basic b---h,” though it can be hard to define exactly what it is that makes her “basic.”
- She follows all the trends just for the sake of following the trends.
- She watches too much Sex and the City.
- She’s more interested in Instagramming her beverage from Starbucks than she is in drinking it.
- She is, as defined in the video linked above, an “extra regular female,” existing not as an individual but as a faceless member of an undesirable group.
Sports fans, too, can qualify as “basic,” and they can be just as difficult to pinpoint.
- They care about being seen as a fan more than they care about the actual game.
- They buy merchandise for their favorite team because it looks cute, not because they care.
- They have opinions about all the hot sports topics just because everyone else does.
Nobody wants to be a basic sports fan, but if you’re not careful, it could happen to you.
That's why I'm here to help.
Take a look through the following slides for some simple advice on how to spot a basic fan from a mile away and make sure you don’t fall victim to the trap.