A quick rundown of ACC players taken in the NBA draft last night:
12. Charlotte—Gerald Henderson , Duke
13. Indiana—Tyler Hansbrough, UNC
16. Chicago—James Johnson, Wake Forest
18. Minnesota—Ty Lawson, UNC (traded to Denver)
19. Atlanta—Jeff Teague, Wake Forest
28. Minnesota—Wayne Ellington, UNC
29. New York—Toney Douglas, Florida State
There were some initial head scratches in the overall draft, such as why Jack McClinton wasn’t drafted higher, or why the Bobcats took a guard when they need post players so badly.
James McAdoo Offered by UNC
James McAdoo (PF, 6′8″, 2011) now has another offer from an ACC school, and it’s a big one. The UNC Tar Heels have offered McAdoo, according to Scout.com, and this offer is added to the existing ones he has from Virginia, Clemson, Kentucky, and Florida.
McAdoo is one of the top ranked recruits for 2011 and has several big schools after him. He’s also strongly considering Duke at this time.
McAdoo is a strong player with good patience and timing. That timing allows him to be both a shot blocker and a scorer when combined with his solid 10 foot floater and ability to wade through traffic to get through the hoop—definitely a big time prospect.
Here’s some video of McAdoo: