Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of May 12

Adam DigbyFeatured ColumnistMay 12, 2014

Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of May 12

0 of 6

    Claudio Villa/Getty Images

    With their third consecutive league title already secured and a new record number of points in Serie A earned, Juventus can reflect on a historic 2013-14. As the campaign draws to a close it is inevitable that the focus of the club has shifted onto next season and the challenges that lie ahead.

    As such, transfer talk comes to the forefront of everyone’s thinking, with names who could help improve the Bianconeri moving into even sharper focus. Over the following pages are the latest news stories and rumours concerning the Turin giants.

    *UPDATED FRIDAY MAY 16*

Manchester United Bid for Arturo Vidal

1 of 6

    Massimo Pinca/Associated Press

    It is being widely reported that Manchester United have approached Juventus with a £26.7m offer for midfielder Arturo Vidal. Initially the story was broken by Italian channel Sport Mediaset (per FootballItalia), who insist Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the bid at Wednesday's Europa League Final.

    Now a three-time champion with the Bianconeri, it is unlikely the Turin club would entertain such a low sum for the 26-year-old. Earlier this season, Director General told the same TV station (h/t ESPN) that it would take a world record fee to prise the Chilean away saying:

    If Bale is worth €100 million, then the same goes for Vidal. Real Madrid expressed an interest this year, but selling him is out of the question so the interest ended there.

Andrea Pirlo New Contract Imminent

2 of 6

    Claudio Villa/Getty Images

    Having won the league title in each of his three seasons in Turin, Andrea Pirlo looks set to extend his stay with Juventus. The 34-year-old midfielder's current contract expires this summer, but he told Sky Italia on Thursday a new deal is imminent.

    "More or less we have reached an agreement on the contract," Pirlo said (via FootballItalia). "I hope the announcement is made in the next few days.”

Giovinco Unsure of Future

3 of 6

    Paolo Giovannini/Associated Press

    The agent of Sebastian Giovinco has admitted that the striker’s future is unresolved, as he enters the final 12 months of his current contract with Juventus. The 27-year-old has suffered an injury-hit campaign which has limited him to just 17 league appearances this term.

    Contributing just two goals and three assists in all competitions, Giovinco remains a favourite of Antonio Conte, but his representative Claudio Pasqualin is unsure if the player will be offered a new deal. Speaking in a radio interview on Monday, the agent said (h/t FootballItalia):

    Sebastian still has one more year on his contract, we’re just going to have to wait and see what happens. If the club come to us with an extension, then that’s fine. But if not, we’ll have a look round for other clubs.

Van Gaal blocks Nani move

4 of 6

    Jan Kruger/Getty Images

    It was reported by various outlets last week that Juventus were close to securing Portuguese winger Nani for next season, with Sky Italia insisting a deal had been agreed (via Football-Italia). However, it is now believed that potential incoming Manchester United coach Louis van Gaal has demanded that the player remains at the club.

    Mirror Sport report that the Dutchman sees the 27-year-old as an important part of his team if he is to take over at Old Trafford and will block any attempt to sell him.

Pogba not for sale

5 of 6

    Paolo Bruno/Getty Images

    Paul Pogba has been consistently linked with an exit from Juventus, with Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Real Madrid all reportedly interested in signing the player, per Football-Italia. But the trio look destined to fail in their attempts as both the player and his agent have indicated the midfielder will remain in Turin for some time.

    Speaking in an interview with Italian newspaper La Stampa, Pogba said: “I don't think about the market, I only care about playing. I never thought or talked about a transfer with any other club." (h/t SkySports.com)

    He then went on to add: “I have a contract with Juventus, so what are we talking about? I want to continue to win here.” Those comments were reinforced by his representative Mino Raiola, the agent telling Le Parisien (via Football-Italia):

    Juventus have told me that they do not want to sell him. Paul is happy and soon we will enter into negotiations for the renewal of his contract that expires intwo years.

Torino unhappy with Dortmund’s Immobile approach

6 of 6

    Mario Carlini / Iguana Press/Getty Images

    Currently co-owned by Torino and the Bianconeri, Ciro Immobile has been strongly linked with German side Borussia Dortmund. Last week, the Bundesliga club sent a delegation to Turin to negotiate directly with Juventus (h/t Football-Italia) as they sought to secure the transfer of the striker.

    The 24-year-old has been in sensational form this season, and with one match remaining he is leading all scorers in Serie A with 22 goals. The Dortmund approach has incensed the player’s current club, with the Granata issuing an official statement which read (h/t GianlucaDiMarzio.com):

    If there has been a negotiation between Juventus and Borussia Dortmund for Immobile, we will be faced with an infraction of article 18.3 of the FIFA regulations on the transfer of a player, since Torino is the holder of membership for said player.