It's time again where I post my inane thoughts on the various highlights of the GP weekend. This week, we're at Silverstone: fantastic atmosphere.
Then again, we just came from Istanbul Park, so any place would be hyper in comparison. Throw in all the nostalgia packages and British driver features BBC has to offer, and you have a pretty entertaining weekend.
- FOTA calls FIA's bluff. Breakaway series! Plus 20. Gotta admit I was a tad surprised, but F1 or not, I know which series I'll be following in 2010.
- The Red Bulls are blistering. Plus 5. Wow, they got past both Q1 and Q2 on the harder tyre.
- Lewis Hamilton out in Q1. Minus 5. Sutil crash or not, still a jaw-dropping moment.
- Massa out in Q2. Minus 2. *Frown*
- Jenson Button qualifies in P6. Plus 2. Not trying to be mean spirited, but it makes for nice change!
- Vettel on pole! Plus 2. Yay.
- Vettel makes a great getaway, no mistakes, and scampers away from Grandpachello and Webber to victory. Plus 5. Yesssssss!
- Alonso + Hamilton + BMWs battling for, I don't know, some position. Plus 0. This was hilarious, entertaining, yet a bit sad all at the same time.
- Piquet finishes in front of Alonso! Plus 1. There's a first for everything.
- Fisichella finishes in P10 for Force India. Plus 1. I'm still rooting for them to score their first points this season.
- Kimi has a great start, but drops down after his pit stops. Minus 2. Why-oh-why :(
- Massa starts P11 but ends the race in P4. Plus 2. I don't know how on earth, but I have to give credit.
- Jenson finishes in P6. Plus 2. I'm just enjoying the times when he is not on podium while I can. There is still hope yet for a championship fight.