10) Signing Denis Irwin, 12 solid years for £625,000....amazing deal, Fergie proves he has an eye for a real bargain.
9) Selling David Beckham, £25m it could be argued was quite cheap, but at the time team spirit was more important than the money and Fergie felt that Beckham's off pitch antics were disrupting the team and rightly sold Becks.
8) Signing Steve Bruce, £800,000 is incredible value for this rock, when it comes to bravery....Stevie Bruce is top of the tree, and he waded in with some priceless goals!
7) Signing Nemanja Vidic, this was a stunning deal, the then little known Vidic has blossomed to become one of the worlds great centre halves...and all for £6.75m, thumbs up!
6) Selling Ruud van Nistelrooy, fergie called time on this stroppy stars United career and bagged £10.75m for the 31-year-old...great business in anyone's book!
5) Signing Wayne Rooney, £30m sounds a lot, but consider that United will get 10+ years from Wayne and it starts to look cheap!
4) Signing Roy Keane, although a then British record, £3.75m really was a BARGAIN!
3) Signing Peter Schmeichel, £550,000 is pocket change in the world of football, so when you get the world's greatest goalkeeper for that money...you prove that you're worth your salt!
2) Selling Cristiano Ronaldo for £80m, this was a deal that made sense to all concerned, £68m profit is good business for any business!
1) Signing of 'Le Magnifique'...Ferguson pulled of the coup of all time when he raided rivals Leeds United for Eric Cantona, for a paltry £1m.....Genius signs Genius...say no more!