With Juventus looking far and away the most talented and deep squad in Serie A, finding players who can improve the team is a difficult task. Giuseppe Marotta has built an impressive group of players who look set to clinch their third consecutive league title.
Given those circumstances, the focus is more on those who may leave Turin once the transfer window opens this summer and on the new contracts for those who will certainly stay.
Over the following pages, you’ll find all the latest news concerning possible transfers for the Bianconeri.
*UPDATED FRIDAY FEBRUARY 21*
Pablo Osvaldo is much more concerned with being a part of Italy's World Cup Squad than worrying about whether his move to Juventus will be made permanent. The striker moved on loan to the Bianconeri in January, and they have an option to buy him outright this summer.
After netting his first goal for the Turin giants in Thursday's Europa League win over Trabzonspor however, the 28-year-old was more concerned with impressing Cesare Prandelli.
“I am working to get to the World Cup,” he told Sky Italia (via FootballItalia). "It is easy to play with Carlos Tevez.
“I don’t like to just stay still and wait for the ball, especially as the Coach tells me to move continually. I get along very well with Carlos and the rest of the squad. I’m happy, as I settled in very quickly.
“I am working to get to the World Cup and will give it my all. It doesn’t just depend on me, but I live in hope.”
Ciro Immobile has emerged as a surprise target for Borussia Dortmund according to reports in Italy this week. Gianluca Di Marzio believes that the Bundesliga side were impressed by the Torino striker on a recent scouting trip and could be set to make a bid.
The 24-year-old striker caught the eye of scouts in his side's recent win over Sassuolo and it believed his performance caused them to shift their attention to him. Co-owned by Juventus and Torino, Di Marzio wrote on his own website that each club can expect around €8 should a deal be completed.
The agent of Gianluigi Buffon steadfastly refused to commit to what the future may hold for the goalkeeper when his current contract ends. The deal runs until June 2015, by which time the World Cup winner will be 37.
“Gigi does not feel his age,” his representative Silvano Martina told the CalcioMercato website (h/t FootballItalia). “He’s always been number one, I think the history proves that.
“Gigi is the captain of the national team, plays for a great club and is always decisive in matches. He has a contract with Juve and it’s easy to associate his name with the Bianconeri.
“At the moment, I can’t say for certain what’s going to happen. Maybe he’ll retire, maybe he’ll leave, maybe he’ll stay. I just don’t know what’s going to happen.”
Tuttosport (h/t Football Italia) indicates that both Giorgio Chiellini and Paul Pogba are set to renew their contracts in the coming months.
The Turin-based newspaper states that the defender should sign soon, but his French team-mate may wait until after this summer’s World Cup before putting pen to paper.
It is understood that the delay surrounds his agent’s desire to include a release clause in the new deal.
Juventus have been linked with him for some time.
The rumours first surfaced last month, but agent Silvio Pagliari told Sky Sport (h/t Football Italia) that manager Sinisa Mihajlovic blocked the deal.
However, according to reports in the Italian press (h/t Football Italia), Roberto Mancini still wants to sign the player who is co-owned by Juventus.