Something didn't feel quite right about the Turkish Grand Prix starting from when I watched Friday's practice session. Even during Qualifying on Saturday where the times were ridiculously close I wasn't really into it at all. Then my worst fears confirmed over the past few hours: a boring race!
I think my lack of enthusiasm shows in the recap, so this will be quick:
- Lewis Hamilton dropped in Q1. Minus 2. What?
- Lewis Hamilton condemns the MP4-24 to the scrap yard. Minus 5. While it's not exactly untrue, I don't think your team appreciates hearing you say this to the press.
- Massa qualifies in P6. Minus 1. I was expecting a bit more to be honest.
- Vettel on pole! Plus 2. That put a smile on my face :)
- FOTA + drivers meeting, sans Williams and Force India. Plus 0. Ok I didn't really get the point of this. At least the photos of everyone crowding around a table was mildly interesting.
- Jake Humphrey asks Stefano Domenicali pre-race if Kimi will be in a Ferrari in 2010. Minus 2. Idiot.
- Barrichello makes a horrific bad start. Minus 5. P3 to P13?!
- Barrichello makes contact with at least three other cars. Minus 2. I would have deducted more points for desperate driving, but it was good tv.
- Vettel loses his race on lap 1. Minus 5. Sigh. Can I put this to inexperience?
- Good race from the Toyotas and Nico Rosberg. Plus 1.
- Jenson takes the chequered flag. Again. Plus 1. I have nothing against him personally, just that as DC said (and I hate agreeing with him), for non-Brits/Honda/Brawn/Button fans, this is getting incredibly stale.
- Kimi finishing out of points. Minus 2. I need to go sulk for a while.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!