Ten Questions For Rashad Barksdale Of The New York Giants
While most New York Giants fans are familiar with the likes of Aaron Ross and Corey Webster, only the most devout of fans have ventured far enough down the depth chart to pay attention to the likes of Rashad Barksdale, the young and raw cornerback out of the University at Albany.
As a recent graduate of Albany, I have had the pleasure of studying along side Barksdale, working out in the same facilities, and even watching him play up close for Albany’s Division 1 football team.
Therefore, it’s safe to say that I have an unusually strong knowledge of this player’s game as well as his unusual ascent to the NFL, and I don’t think there is a single player on the Giants more worthy of a quick interview than him.
With that said, here are 10 questions that I would like to ask him if I am given the opportunity to conduct such an interview:
1. I understand that you only played one year of college football. Why did you wait until your senior year until you gave football a try? Also, how did you become good enough to garner NFL attention in such a short period of time?
2. Prior to your brief college football career, I understand that you were a pretty good college baseball player. If you would have stuck primarily with baseball, do you think you would have had a shot at being drafted into Major League Baseball?
3. As I’m sure you know, getting drafted after playing only one year of college football at a relatively insignificant football school is quite rare. What kind of 40-yard dash time did you run to grab the attention of NFL scouts?
4. After bouncing around between NFL teams, you are now finally back in New York. How does it feel to be playing with your hometown team?
5. What kind of impact do you think you can have on the New York Giants in 2009?
6. What are your long term goals for yourself in the NFL, both as an individual as well as a member of a team?
7. What aspect of your game do you consider to be your greatest strength? Conversely, what aspect of your game do you consider to be your greatest weakness?
8. In order for you to make the New York Giants roster at the crowded cornerback position, you will likely have to excel on special teams. How would you describe your game as a special teams player thus far in your NFL career?
9. As I’m sure you know, there has never before been a player out of the University at Albany drafted into the NFL. With that said, what made you choose to play football there? Overall, how would you describe your experiences there?
10. As anyone who has ever attended Albany would attest to, the university is undoubtedly one of the top party schools in the entire country. With that said, I must ask which of the local bars was your nightlife option of choice (During the offseason, of course)?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?