With Fred Taylor gone, I've had trouble picking a Jacksonville player I would like to interview. After many restless hours I settled on the man that has to fill Fred's shoes, Maurice Jones-Drew.
The following is the list of questions I'd ask Jones-Drew along with a brief explanations of my reasoning.
1. What's the hardest hit you've taken that you can remember?
No time for set up questions, I want to go right for the slam dunk. Ideally he'd answer with a response like, "Nobody's ever tackled me very hard. I guess they just can't catch me."
2. Who's the toughest player on the team to prank?
These are the types of questions that every reporter should be asking. I bet it's a DB or a linebacker. Those guys have to be watching everything all the time.
3. Kobe muppet or LeBron muppet?
MJD's from Cali, I bet he's going Kobe. I think the LeBron muppet's funnier though.
4. Do you have a set pregame meal?
If he answer's yes to that one, I'll ask him this
5. What's your post-crappy interview meal?
I want to know where he's going to eat after I'm done talking to him. I'll follow him there, then tweet about his order. Speaking of tweeting...
6. Do you tweet?
Everyone who's anyone and a lot of people who are nobodies are doing it.
7. If you had to be stuck on an island with one teammate, who would it be?
My way around asking, "who's your favorite teammate?". I could actually get a good response for that one. He might pick someone who would be really useful on an island like Tra Thomas though. Think about it, if you're forced to canniballize, you'd want to eat a lineman, right?
8. If you could send one player to an island forever, who would it be?
I'd probably send one of the receivers. After last year, MJD probably feels the same way.
9. Third down, on the opponent's two yard line, what play do you call?
The only legitimate football question that I'd really want to ask him. Is MJD a pound it up the gut guy, a catch a pass in the flats off of play-action guy, or a sprint to the corner of the endzone and beat the defense there kind of guy?