In the News (5/28)
Wednesday’s Game: Cardinals 3, Brewers 2
Record: 27-20, Second Place
- More video highlights HERE.
- Ryan Braun returned to the lineup after getting hit in the wrist on Tuesday, but he went 0-4.
- J.J. Hardy returned from his back spasm issues and went 3-5, but grounded out to end the game.
- Frank Catalanotto went 2-3 with both Brewer RBIs on a triple.
- Corey Hart knows he sucks right now. Hopefully getting a few off days will help him get his head straight.
- Padres assistant Paul DePodesta discusses the Tony Gwynn Jr./Jody Gerut trade from the Padres perspective. Basically, it was a way for the Padres to cut some payroll…
- The Brewers get mentioned as a possible destination for Mark DeRosa again. Freddy Sanchez is also mentioned as an option.
- The Brewers could be interested in Brad Penny, but I sure hope they’re not foolish enough to consider giving up Angel Salome for him… Penny is certainly not an ace-caliber pitcher anymore and the team could have signed him this offseason if they were interested. Melvin will not give up a highly regarded catching prospect who is nearly MLB ready for Penny.
- Several opposing teams have apparently been haunted at the Pfister Hotel. So, we can assume the ghosts there are Brewers fans?
- Braun’s throwing a party (h/t Brew Crew Ball):
- Zambrano being Zambrano:
Imagine how good this guy could be if he learned how to control his emotions… Thank God he can’t seem to do it. Carlos Zambrano absolutely lost it after a close play at the plate, bumped the umpire, was tossed, threw the umpire out of the game, screamed, threw a baseball into the outfield and smashed a Gatorade machine with a bat. You truly are an epic headcase, Carlos. And he should be seeing a fairly lengthy suspension for that tirade.
- Cubs GM Jim Hendry defends the Mark DeRosa trade. I still say it was stupid…
- Gerry Fraley on FoxSports.com says the Cardinals are a “different team with healthy Carpenter.” Really? Do you think a guy that is Cy Young caliber when healthy helps the team when he’s healthy? That’s a pretty big leap… In other news, my car runs better when there is gas in it.
- Pirates pitcher Ian Snell says stupid things… (You can add his comments about Braun earlier this season to the list…)
- Former Brewer Russell Branyan is a blossoming star at age 33… I love seeing The Muscle playing well. I hope he can keep it up.
- Former Brewer Keith Ginter is not only (surprisingly) still playing baseball, he’s raking. He is hitting .400/.451/.600 in 75 at-bats this month for the White Sox AAA team. He has not played in the majors since 2005.
- Former West De Pere High School pitcher Jason Berken made his major-league debut on Tuesday night for the Orioles. He allowed two runs and seven hits over five innings to earn the victory.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?