Jordy Nelson: 20 Questions for the Packers' Future Star
When trying to decide the Packer I would like to interview, I had many quality choices. There are several players on the roster that are currently stars that I think would be quite interesting to sit down with.
In the end, I decided to go with Jordy Nelson. Nelson was the surprise second round draft pick of the Packers in the 2008 draft. Nelson was an All-American coming out of Kansas State as a kick returner and wide receiver.
The Packers were already loaded at wide receiver and the drafting of Jordy Nelson left more than a few Packer fans scratching their heads.
Here is the list of questions I would pose to the young receiver.
1. How did playing in a talent-rich conference like the Big 12 prepare you for the NFL?
2. What was your mindset as a walk-on at Kansas State? How were you viewed by players on scholarship and how did that help you succeed?
3. Having success in high school as a quarterback and defensive back, how much of an adjustment was it to change positions to become a wide receiver? What were your initial thoughts on the switch?
4. After being injured your junior year at Kansas State, what were your expectations for your senior year?
5. Did you think you had the ability to become such a high draft pick after flying under the radar for most of your college career?
6. How much did you know about the history of the Packers when you were drafted? How soon after you were in Green Bay did the team educate you on their past?
7. What were your initial thoughts after finding out the Packers would be drafting you?
8. What expectations did you put on yourself after the draft? Did you think you would be used primarily as a returner or did you feel you could contribute more as a receiver?
9. Brett Favre was around the team for a few days last summer before returning to Mississippi. What were you impressions upon meeting him? What were your thoughts on possibly playing with the future Hall of Famer?
10. What kind of player/leader is Aaron Rodgers?
11. Which player has had the biggest influence on you since your arrival in Green Bay?
12. Do you envision yourself as a successor to Donald Driver? If so, have you talked to him about your future role?
13. What is your best attribute as a football player?
14. What goals do you set for yourself? Do you set primarily season-long goals, or do you ever look ahead and think how you would like your career to progress?
15. Who did you think of after scoring your first career NFL touchdown?
16. What are you hobbies outside of football?
17. Is the city of Green Bay like you thought it would be? What has been your interaction with Packer fans been like?
18. Do you see yourself as a leader already or do you feel you have to play a couple of years before you can become a leader?
19. What are you expectations for the 2009 Green Bay Packers?
20. What would you like to do in life after your playing career is over?
I think Jordy Nelson has the ability to be an impact player for the Packers this season and will eventually team with Greg Jennings as the receiver duo for the team.
This season should serve as a coming out party of sorts for Nelson.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?