As I was preparing to call Miami Dolphins tailback Ricky Williams for an interview, I decided to first compile a list of questions to ponder before talking to the reclusive runner.
1. Have your experiences on the NFL suspended list humbled you as a person?
2. Do you use the yoga techniques you learned while preparing for a game?
3. When you had your dreadlocks, how badly did it hurt to get tackled by someone pulling on them, and did it affect your style?
4. What would your advice be to some of the younger folks experimenting with marijuana?
5. Did you enjoy running plays out of the wildcat formation last season, and how can you personally be more productive in it?
6. Did you ever consider not returning to football during your hiatuses away from the NFL?
7. How much of an accomplishment in your view was it to be the league's leading rusher in 2002, and did the toll it took on you physically lead to your sudden retirement the following off season?
8. How is your relationship with fellow running back Ronnie Brown, and is the shared workload in the backfield beneficial or harmful to each of you?
9. Have you ever shared your holistic medicine therapies with team trainers?
10. How different is the working atmosphere under coach Sparano as compared to previous regimes under Cam Cameron, Nick Saban and Dave Wannstedt?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!