Even with his frightening intensity on the field, Troy Polamalu is still known around the league as an all-around good guy.
If given the chance to speak with the soft spoken strong safety one-on-one, these are a few of the things I’d like to know:
1. In missing spring training—it’s understood that you’re missing spring training to work with your personal trainer. Isn’t that what the offseason is for? Isn’t now the time to start working with your team? What benefits do you see from training this way?
2. Why Pittsburgh? Of all the teams who would undoubtedly love to have you, what’s your connection/draw to the Steel City?
3. You appeared on the cover of Madden 10 with Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald. How do you feel about the so-called “Madden Curse?”
4. In your time with the Steelers, you’ve had the privilege of working under two coaches with two very different styles. What do you like the best about each coach? What do you like the least?
5. How do you see your performance helping the Steelers make the trip back to the Super Bowl in 2009?
6. What is your typical game day routine?
7. How has becoming a father changed you?
8. Who was your favorite team/player as a child?