Phin Phocus: Dolphins Second-Round Pick Sean Smith
The pressure is squarely on the newest DB additions to improve the Dolphin defense in order to go further in the playoffs. Since no one knows much about the other second-round pick, former Utah DB Sean Smith, here are a few questions I would pose to him on his travels from Pasadena, Ca., to Utah, and now here in Miami...
1. As one of the biggest cornerbacks drafted, how do you feel about covering the likes of Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Jerricho Cotchery—and maybe Braylon Edwards—knowing that you are still transitioning to position of defensive backfield after playing wide receiver for a few years but matching up in size alone?
2. Are you ready for the Miami humidity?
3. Did you follow the Dolphins at all in California? If so, Who was your favorite Dolphins DB growing up?
4. How good did it feel to beat Alabama and former Dolphins coach Nick Saban, as no one gave the Utes a chance before the Sugar Bowl game?
5. How do you plan on changing the attitude that you are not a physical corner, even though you have the size to dominate most wide receivers?
6. What is the biggest misconception about you as a football player?
7. How do you feel about being a second-round pick for the Parcells' regime, knowing they are counting on you to cover great receivers in the AFC East?
8. Does it become easier as far as pressure when you come to a team when the first-round pick is also a DB and he has a brother who is already pretty well-known in the NFL?
My personal feelings suggest that Smith is a great pick and will be coached very well to bring the best in his attributes. Just knowing that a player like Davone Bess was undrafted and excelled with the Dolphins when he got the oppurtunity says everything in my book.
Smith will get his shot very soon and Dolphins fans are looking forward to anything better than the start Jason Allen had when he was drafted and is still working through now.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?