This is Craig's from CT SPORTS PICKS third edition of his power rankings, its been over two weeks since Craig's last power rankings. As a sports handicapper you are always looking for value and a handicapping tool that will help in picking consistent winners for profit. Since the last power rankings we have not see many changes with four of the same five top teams. Several of the teams have switched positions but with almost two-thirds of the season left there is still plenty of games remaining to improve your ranking.
1. Toronto Blue Jays: The Blue Jays have been solid all year and have moved up from No. 4 in Craig's rankings. The best starting pitching staff thus far in MLB and third best ERA in all of baseball at 3.82. Surprisingly the bats have been very good for Toronto with the second best batting average at .287. Many expect the pitching to fall back as the young starters hit a wall but I am not so sure that they will falter as much as everybody thinks. Value has been great money line all year with a profit of +1130 which is third best in all of MLB thus far!
2. Los Angeles Dodgers: This team has the best record in all of baseball and even losing Manny Ramirez to suspension, they have continued to win. At home they are almost unbeatable going 16-3. Power pitching and power hitting are a great combination in a week division in the NL West. Pitching has been great and currently they have the second best ERA at 3.70. This team has led the money line profits for the MLB season at +1359. This team would have to have serious injuries not to win their division and most likely have the best record in the National League.
3. Boston Red Sox: With several key injuries early in this season, it's very surprising that they have the second best record behind Toronto. Now that they are getting Kevin Youkilis back, this team should really start to dominate the toughest division in all of baseball. Their pitching has been up and down but Josh Beckett and Jon Lester have started to figure it out. This team is always a big favorite so profits have are hard to come by in the money line, thus far only +229. If you are going to play this team you must play run line to create value with the Red Sox.
4. St Louis Cardinals: Even though they are not leading their division, Craig has placed them above Milwaukee. Lately the Cardinals have had a tough road stretch but they have dominated the Cubs which will be there biggest threat to win the division. Hitting will not be a huge problem as they have the best offensive threat in baseball in Albert Pujols. Now that their ace Chris Carpenter is back, watch out as this team is going to put a string of wins together.
5. New York Yankees: With eight wins a row you have to give this team respect. The pitching staff has been up and down but we know that Sabathia, Petitte, and Burnett will begin to put up quality starts. Now with A-Rod back, this teams' bats have been unbelievable. Watch out this team because they are getting hot as the weather is heating up.
Only one team fell out of the top five with Kansas City faltering this past two weeks going 4-8 in that stretch. On the other hand, as bad as the Yankees started they are on fire now.
Check out all of Craig's Daily MLB plays, Craig has been hot going 9-4 in his 5 star MLB plays!! Check it all out at http://www.CTSportsPicks.com!!