I've been a fan of Greg Olsen for several years, and could think of no better person to interview. Olsen is a rising star in the NFL, playing a position that is in need of household names and stars. Beside the obvious tight ends like Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, and Tony Gonzalez, there are many average or below-average players at this position.
Olsen has a bit of a checkered past, mostly stemming from his college days at the U. But, on the field, he's all business and threatens to do damage at any given time.
- You originally enrolled at Notre Dame. What led to your transfer to the University of Miami? Any regrets?
- You come from a long line of Miami tight ends (Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Kevin Everett). Was there added pressure on you playing that high-profile position?
- Has it been hard for you to shed the negative image associated with you after the infamous Seventh Floor Crew rap group?
- How would you describe your rare athletic ability?
- What do you prefer: lining up tight, or splitting out? Why?
- Why did you choose No. 82?
- What has current Bear Desmond Clark done for you in terms of your adjustment to the NFL game?
- How does playing in cold weather Chicago games compare to the warm weather you enjoyed while playing in Miami?
- What does it mean for you to play for a storied franchise such as the Chicago Bears?
- Would your NFL life and career be less exciting if you played in a smaller-market city?
- How good can the 2009 Bears be? What will be the main obstacles for the team to overcome?
- What can we expect from your offense this year?
- What is the Jay Cutler-impact going to be like for the Bears?
- What do you have to do to improve your individual game?
- What was it like playing on a 9-7 team last year, one game away from reaching the playoffs?
- How has Lovie Smith and Ron Turner impacted you in your brief career?
- Will the other additions on offense (Orlando Pace, Frank Omiyale) make a significant impact?
- Who are your best buddies on the team? Why?
- With whom on the team have you gotten into a fight or heated words? When did this happen?
- Can you join the ranks of the elite tight ends like Witten, Gates, and Gonzalez?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!