Alex - you were the number one pick of the San Francisco 49ers and the number one pick overall in the 2005 NFL Draft. I know you are happy to be a 49er and recently even agreed to take a pay cut to stay with the team but ...
1. If you could do it all over again. Have you ever thought of the one team you could play for, the one situation, which might have been better for you personally from an NFL career perspective?
2. In your NFL career to date, has there been any quarterbacks, past or present, who have reached out to you personally in an effort to help you find your way in the NFL? If so, who was that quarterback and how do you feel he helped you in your career?
3. At this point in your career as an NFL quarterback, what do you believe to be your greatest strength as a player? Conversely, what do you see as your biggest hole in your game today - the one thing that you know you must overcome if you are to ever make it as a starting quarterback of pro-bowl caliber?
4. Who has been your closest friend on the team in the time you have been a part of the San Francisco 49ers? Who inspires you the most? Who challenges you the most?
5. Tell me about the first time you realized that you were a special player at the position of quarterback and destined for the big time. High school? College? Or after you had made it to the NFL?
6. What did you say to yourself right before your first start in the NFL? Did you give yourself a pep talk?
7. How do you and Shaun Hill get along on the team? Would you say it is a friendly rivalry or an intense one?
8. They say the game of pro football is dynamic and ever changing. How has the game changed since you have been in the NFL? How have you adapted to this change?
9. What is your favorite type of play at the position of QB, and why so?
10. I know your NFL career is just getting started in several ways, but when you're playing days are over, whenever that day might be, what would you like fans to say about you? What would you like teammates and opponents to say about you? What would you like sportswriters to say about you?