Top 10 Players in the NBA
This was a difficult list to create, I think I have it pretty accurate, but am always enjoy getting comments and feedback so let me know what you think. This is not a list of who deserves MVP. It is a list of who I think are the best of the best in the league TODAY. Note: Injuries this season won't necessarily be taken off of this list P.S. there are formatting problems and the Tim duncan #8, is at the ninth spot instead of 8 where steve nash is, so its supposed to be nash 9, and duncan 8.
10. Dirk Nowitzky, Dallas Mavericks: Disco Dirk, defending MVP. Last years MVP had to be on the list. He is the star player on one of the top teams in the tight Western conference. He contributes 23.6 points, and 8.6 rebounds. On the defensive end, he gives the Mavs almost a block and almost a steal a game. Being a 7 foot tall three point shooter is almost enough to get you on the list by itself.
8. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs: At first, Tim wasn't on this list. But people argued it. As a read on those arguements my eyes were opened. He doesn't have the best stats in the world, but he is a flat out winner. He lead the spurs to 4 championships in the last 8 years. He is now leading them in the very tight western conference with 19.4 points and 11.3 boards. On the defensive end, he gives them 2 blocks and almost a steal a game. There is no way that this winner shouldn't be on this list.
9. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns: Kid Canada would be higher on this list if he could play defense. He is probably the worst MVP in history at defense. But, let's face it, no one can pass better. He gives the Suns 17.1 ppg and 11.2 assists. He is one of the most clutch players in the league and shoots 47% from 3. Although he isn't good at defense, this 2 time MVP deserves to be on the list.
7. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic: There is only one way to put this, Dwight Howard is a beast. He leads the league in rebounds at 14.3 a game, and also pitches in 20.9 ppg as the all-star, leader and big man of the 3rd place Orlando Magic. (Eastern Conference) He is almost unstopable to guard considering how athletic he is even though he is 7 feet tall. He is one of the most difficult players to guard in the entire league. I think Dwight could be number 5-6 years if Lebron isnt.
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat: I know already I will get criticized for this pick. People will say, he has been out the whole year how can you put him there? And he is on such a bad team! But face it people, he is awesome. In games he has played this season, he has averaged 24.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg and 6.9 apg. Not to mention he added 1.7 spg. He is also one of the most explosive players in the league. He comes through time and time again in the clutch and we all know on a better team, he would be insane. Dwyane Wade when healthy, is a top 3 or 4 player.
5. Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix Suns: Amare is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is the backbone of the Suns. Not Steve Nash, Amare. This season, Amare has produced well. He gives the Suns 25.3 ppg and 9.2 rpg. Not as good of stats as some of the others on this list, but that'sbecause there was no one else inside to cover, he was getting double teamed 24/7. Now with Shaq in a Suns uniform he can show his true colors. If you ask a coach for an opposing team, and you ask them who they are the most scared of on the Suns, they wont say Steve Nash, they will say Amare Stoudemire.
4. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics: The big ticket, enough said. He sells tickets with his offensive skill, defensive skill and athleticism. Now, KG only averages 19 ppgand 9.3 rebounds per game, but those stats are very misleading. The Boston Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league last season. This year, they are first in the league, KG is the main reason for that, not the only reason, but definitely the main one. It is also hard to get more points then that in a game when you are on a team with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo. There is no question either that KG is the best out of those players as well.
3. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets: CP3. This guy is amazing. There is no question that he deserves to be here. This year, he is the NBA assist leader at 11.6 assists a game while also scoring 21.1 ppg. Now, some people that don't know much about him might say, well, those stats are barely better then Steve Nash's. But no, see, Paul is a great defender to. He is a lock down defender, Paul leads the league averaging 2.7 spg. He rebounds to, he averages 4 boards a game, not bad for a point guard. This year Paul is one of the leading candidates for MVP and will be on this list for MANY years to come.
And now its for the obvious big 2. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. But the question is, who is the best? The answer to me is simple.
2. LebronJames, Cleveland Cavaliers: LBJ leads the league this year in points with30 a game. But he doesn't quite have what it takes to be number one. Along with those 30 points, LBJ pitches in 7.9 rebounds and 7.2 assists a game. Not to mention 1.8 steals and 1.1 blocks. But the thing that doesn't quite make him number 1, is his mind. He does not have the mind of an NBA all time great. Lebron has the talent to score 40-10-10 every game, but he doesn't put himself in the right spot at the right time, and doesn't use his ability to the fullest, and that's why he isn't number one.
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers: Words do not describe him. The best way to, is a number. 81. The second highest scoring game in NBA history. (Wilt Chamberlin 100) Kobe is unreal, he is the leader of a team who is first place in the VERY tight western conference. He contributes to his team by giving them 28.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.6 assists. His stats are sort of misleading considering he has had to dump some of his scoring off to Pau Gasol. Kobe also is one of the best defenders in the league. No one can blow by him, he also gives the Lakers 2 steals a game. He is the most fun player to watch in the league and there is no one I would rather have on my team then him if I were a GM. There is no question to all of us that there is no other person we would want to take the last shot of the game for our team then KB24. 3 words. Kobe is king.
Now, I feel bad because there were so many fabulous players that I had to leave off this list, so I would like to give an honourable mention to: Tracy Mcgrady, Chris Bosh, Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson, Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?