One thing that I have learned in my time with Bleacher Report is that it is always the most popular of topics and the most popular of players that are the most read.
But another thing I learned, which came from an interview that Bleacher Report had with Jeff Pearlman, is that the best and most interesting information you can get about something does not come from the star players, but the lesser known role players that most people do not know about.
For my interview questions, instead of aiming them toward star players like Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, or Larry Fitzgerald; I am aiming them toward a recently signed cornerback, Bryant McFadden, who came over from the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason.
While conducting this interview, I would try to make it as casual as possible so I could get the most interesting answers out of the interviewee, while still keeping the questions informative so I would still get the information I wanted from the person.
Here are my questions for an interview with Bryant McFadden:
- What was it like to be drafted by such a storied franchise like Pittsburgh in the second round of the 2005 draft?
- Was there any pressure to perform coming into your first training camp?
- What was the first thing you bought when you signed your contract with the Steelers?
- What advice would you give this year's first and second round draft picks on how to deal with the pressure of that title?
- What was your main reason for signing with the Arizona Cardinals and did Ken Whisenhunt have anything to do with it?
- You played under Ken Whisenhunt for two season. Even though you play defense and he was an Offensive Coordinator what is your fondest memory of him when both of you were in Pittsburgh?
- Did you speak to him at any time when both Pittsburgh and Arizona made it to the Super Bowl?
- You won two Super Bowls with Pittsburgh in the four years you played there, one in 2005 and one last season. After either of those wins, did you ever end up going to Disneyland?
- Seeing how the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Cardinals in the final two minutes of the game to win the Super Bowl, do you think that your new teammates will be hard on you at the beginning of training camp?
- Do you feel like you will have a legitimate chance at a starting role this season?
- Who do you feel is your biggest competition on this team in order to get a starting role?
- Even though you have only been here for a short time, do you think that this team has a shot at improving upon its record from last season?
- In your opinion, does this team have another shot at making the Super Bowl?
- Final question, which is probably the most important of all. Which city has better weather, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Tempe, Arizona?
Those are the questions. Barring what I am asked to look for and how long I would be able to interview him, the questions would be subject to change. But these would be the questions I would ask if I had the chance to interview Bryant McFadden.