To the die-hard New York Giants fan, Kenny Phillips came in with high expectations. The fans associated the Miami (FL) product with Ed Reed and the late Sean Taylor, and expected similar production.
Phillips had a quiet rookie year, but gained valuable experience and increased playing time as the season progressed.
Here are 21 questions I would ask Phillips if I had the chance to sit down and talk with him face to face. Some are football related, some are personal, and some I'm hoping will make him laugh.
1. I'm sure you've heard the comparison before, but how does it make you feel to be compared to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor? Is it flattering or do you want to make a name for yourself?
2. Giants fans typically boo their first round draft choices. You received an ovation when your name was called. What does that mean to you?
3. On paper you had a somewhat quiet rookie year with just one interception. How did you feel your year went in terms of your own expectations?
4. Where do you see your career going? What are your goals and expectations when looking at your entire career?
5. I can't imagine what it's like going up against Brandon Jacobs, and I'm sure you are happy you don't have to do it on Sundays. Who are the guys (if there are any) that make you wince when you go to hit them?
6. Outside of football, what was the greatest day of your life?
7. Who was the most influential person on you growing up and why?
8. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you since arriving in the NFL?
9. What is the best thing about playing in New York? What's the worst thing?
10. What's it like playing behind that defensive line? Do you get jealous that they get all the attention?
11. You've got free reign for one day. What are you going to do?
12. Who talks the most smack on the Giants during practice?
13. What would be your initial question to the first aliens to make contact with Earth?
14. Who is the one receiver in the division that you want to crush over the middle and why?
15. What is the one experience you've had since coming to New York that made you laugh uncontrollably?
16. We've heard the offensive line are a bunch of pranksters. Have you been a victim yet?
17. If you were put in front of a camera and had something to say to the fans of New York, what would it be?
18. If you were put in front of a camera to the fans of Dallas, Philly, and Washington what would you say?
19. Describe yourself in one word.
20. Now describe yourself in two words.
21. What can Giants fans expect from Kenny Phillips this year?