If given the opportunity to engage one of the Denver Broncos players in a sit down interview, I believe these would be the 20 questions I would ask Broncos guard Ben Hamilton.
No. 50 has been a Denver Bronco for nine seasons, longer than any other player on the squad. The 6’4” center/guard was drafted in the fourth round of the 2001 draft.
1) You anchored the offensive line in 2003 when the Broncos set a franchise record for yards from scrimmage. Clinton Portis, Mike Andersen, Reuben Droughns, and Quentin Griffin (as well as Cecil Sapp for 1 game) amassed 2629 total yards that season. Who gets the credit for that, Mike Shanahan, the RBs, or the big uglies?
2) You’ve spent your entire professional career with the Broncos, and more notably, Mike Shanahan. How did you feel about the organization releasing your head coach?
3) What are your expectations for your new head coach, Josh McDaniels?
4) From 2002 to 2006, you started every game of the season. You missed all of 2007 with symptoms due to concussions. Then in 2008, you started all 16 games again. That’s 96 starts in 96 games. How important is it to be on that field when the game starts?
5) You’ve had four different starting quarterbacks since joining the Broncos: Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and now Kyle Orton. Who has been your favorite field general and why?
6) Let’s fast-forward to 2013. You’ve started all 176 games you’ve played in. Do you make it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
7) Who’s better, John Elway (48 years old) now or Kyle Orton (26 years old) now?
8) If you were going to be traded to another team in your division, where would you want to go?
9) Who was your favorite player when you were growing up?
10) This will be your last football question. Next we’ll get to know Ben the person. What do you enjoy more, pass blocking for that long strike or run blocking for the big gain?
11) Okay, now it’s time for some fun. If you weren’t in football (in any capacity), what would Ben Hamilton’s dream job be?
12) What songs are getting heavy rotation on your ipod right now?
13) Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, (NFL favorite) Jessica Simpson, or Jessica Rabbit?
14) You’re on a desert island with only your carry-on bag. What did you bring along?
15) They’re making a movie about your life… “The Gopher Who Became a Bronco”, who plays you?
16) Who plays the female love interest?
17) What do you like best about Germany (former Berlin Thunder)?
18) Orange Crush or Bronco Blue?
19) If you could have dinner and a conversation with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
20) Heads or tails?
Retrieved May 14, 2009, from the Denver Broncos team site.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!