This article was written in January at the end of the regular season, and I just had to add it here!
I am an extreme female football junkie, groupie, etc. My favorite tag line is: I love football so much; I am going to marry it!
It was my first year in a Fantasy League and despite my love for the game and knowledge of it, I failed miserably.
(See NFL Fantasy commercial with "Bad Day" playing in background... girl in car with #9 Cowboys jersey, mascara streaming down face: ROMOLICIOUS)
This year (2008) was a bittersweet one to say the least.
So, here are my Top 10 bittersweet Moments of the 2008-2009 Football Season. (Cue "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve playing in background....)
1. T.O. and I finally resolved our issues (tough issues, think TO-SF and the Dallas Star) and I learned to love him, just in time for there to be more drama, within the Cowboys organization surrounding his presence there. Even more bittersweet is that he's now gone.
2. Inside the NFL went to SHO. Added Phil Simms and Warren Sapp. I have been watching this show for over a decade. Not any longer! I miss Dan Marino! My addiction to this show was abruptly curbed.
And what the hell happened to "Beat the Hosts"?
3. Never thought that the words, "I miss Dan Marino" would come out of my mouth.
4. Supported the Dolphins in a season where I was caught wearing a Fins jersey on the JumboTron. Feared that other people who knew me would call "foul".
5. Posted said picture of me on briefly on MySpace and now have a friend saying I may be a closet Dolphin fan.
6. Won almost every week in football pool for first half of season, felt like a genius, then lost almost every week with tiebreakers.
7. Still unable to wear the Romo jersey my cousin Ashley and her significant other bought me two years ago. Currently, it's still hanging in the closet with tags.
8. Spent less time at Bru's Room (sports bar in Delray Beach) because of network showing of the Cowboys' games more often on TV.
8b. Did "Coach Mora Playoffs" skit LIVE at Bru's Room with friend, only to discover no one really paid attention.
9. Finally understood the reason other friends have been furious with Jerry Jones.
Two words: Jimmy Johnson.
And most importantly:
10. Had to watch the 2009 Super Bowl, supporting several friends of Steeler Nation, a game in which the Steelers became the ONLY TEAM to have won six Super Bowls in their franchise history, surpassing only the DALLAS COWBOYS and San Francisco 49ers.
Say it ain't so! The year, I decided to become engaged to football and it has been so bittersweet.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!