Of all the changes the Green Bay Packers are implementing for the coming 2009 season, Aaron Kampman's shift from left defensive end in the 4-3 defensive scheme to left outside linebacker in the new 3-4 scheme is the one garnering the most attention.
Can Kampman cover receivers?
Can Kampman play standing up?
Legitimate questions. Here are some other questions that Kampman himself might field from a Packers beat writer:
1. What were the very first thoughts that ran through your mind when you became aware that Dom Capers and his 3-4 scheme were coming to Green Bay?
2. Were you a big fan of your new position coach, Kevin Greene, when he played?
3. After digesting your position switch, how have you altered your offseason conditioning program to better prepare you to play outside linebacker?
4. Were you ever concerned that the Packers may try to trade you before the draft?
5. If you had to name the biggest challenge for you with the new scheme, what would it be?
6. With new coach Dave Redding taking over the strength and conditioning duties, what are the biggest changes over the prior offseason programs?
7. Will you be spending more time in Green Bay between now and training camp, as opposed to prior seasons, in order to better learn the new system?
8. Do you feel your sack totals will rise with your new "standing-up" position?
9. As a linebacker, how will you split time between pass coverage and rushing the quarterback?
10. What weight do you expect to play at in 2009? Will it be much different from other seasons?
11. Can we expect you to get a "pick six" this season? If so, will we get to see you do a "Lambeau Leap?"
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!